Placement Tests

<p>What is the highest semester you can place into for a language? Just wondering how I did since the scoring is different then the other tests. Thanks!</p>

<p>My daughter placed in Spanish semester 3. She took AP Spanish Lang this year but didn’t get her score back yet. Anyone else? </p>

<p>Another question… If we get a TV does the dorm ( new ) have cable or satellite? </p>

<p>Thanks!!!</p>

<p>stalkermama, looks like every dorm has cable and looks to be about 100 channels and apx 30 of them are HD.</p>

<p>Now this info is from a father of an incoming freshman, so it could be inaccurate and I’m sure it will be corrected.</p>

<p>you can be placed into 4th semester.</p>

<p>What about for math and chem?</p>

<p>^ Highest you can place for math is Math 118/125 (Calculus 1) and for chem it’s Chem 105. But I think you can use AP Credits to either take Calculus 2 or Calculus 3, and you can be placed in Chem 115 (Advanced General Chem) through department approval, I think.</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>I don’t know why, but I feel like the online language placement only places into 1, 2 or 3 and the in-person test places beyond level three. I could be wrong, though.</p>

<p>stalkermama, new/north has basic cable</p>

<p>Victoria, Hi :). I read something today that said you can take another test there to place out. Maybe it also depends on your school and major ? We will soon know! </p>

<p>Thanks socalgal.</p>

<p>stalkermama is right. You can place into the level 3 FL class with the online test. You may take a test in -person at orientation if you want to place out of level 3. For most BA degrees, that will essentially waive you out of the 3 FL requirement.</p>

<p>^But the AP will as well, right? So if I got a 4 on the AP, the AP score will supersede my placement test score?</p>

<p>what is the math placement test about? Do i need to study? If so, what?</p>