<p>I have received an offer for a Playtex co-op but have not heard back from most of the other companies I interviewed with including GE, Honda, Hamilton Sundstrand and IBM. Playtex wants an answer by friday; I don't know what to do. I have been rejected by Cooper Industries and Covidien.</p>
<p>Also I am a Mechanical Engineer and those are engineering related jobs. This will be my first internship.</p>
<p>I appreciate any help</p>
<p>Any experience is better than no experience. If you really feel like you have a shot at the other companies (and you prefer them) then it might be better to wait, however you forego a sure opportunity.</p>
<p>I would probably go ahead and accept the offer. In these times it's best not to be too picky.</p>
<p>How long did you they give you to accept it?
How long has it been since the rest of your interviews?</p>
<p>I'd at least try to get an idea of where you stand before you jump into anything.
It may be possible to get your deadline extended.
I'd work with your school's career services and see if you can get more time.</p>