!!Please Chance Me For ED!!

<p>I am aware that Universities take a very holistic approach when deciding whether or not to accept an individual. Regardless, I would like to see where the college confidential community thinks I stand. I am a female Indian Maryland resident. Please chance me.
Thank you.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.95
WGPA:4.7
Rigorous courseload, honors and AP classes. (AP NSL, AP Chem, AP Lang, AP Calc, AP World Junior yr, AP Bio, AP Psych, AP Calc BC, AP Lit Senior yr)</p>

<p>Community Service Hours: 650</p>

<p>SAT (CR, M, W, E)
First: 2030 (750, 710, 570, 7)
Second: 2100 (700, 740, 660, 8)
Super Score: 2150</p>

<p>Extra Curricular Activities:
Name/Year</p>

<p>Key Club
President (12th)
Vice President (11th)
Editor (10th)
Member (9th)</p>

<p>Hope Club
President (12th)
Vice President (11th)
Secretary (10th)
Member (9th)</p>

<p>Amnesty International
Vice President/Co-Founder (12th)</p>

<p>National Honors Society
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>National English Honors Society
Treasurer (11th)
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>Tri-M Music Honors Society
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>National Science Honors Society
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>National Math Honors Society
Member (12th)</p>

<p>National Social Studies Honors Society
Member (12th)</p>

<p>National Piano Playing Auditions
Preparatory for Collegiate Class (Highest Rank)</p>

<p>Summer Reading Program (+50 Hours)
I was a director of the summer reading program at the local library. I fostered and promoted literacy in elementary school children.</p>

<p>Alright, I'll do a list.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>You're GPA is fine. That's definitely a strong point in your application. So is your course rigor. (Was AP not offered until junior year?) Also, what is your class rank? </p></li>
<li><p>Your SATs are average for Cornell. Luckily for you, your Writing score is the worst and Cornell does not care about Writing, so a 1440/1600 is a good score. Cornell does not super score. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>Also, you need to take 2 SAT Subject tests (more or less depending on which school you are applying to)</p>

<ol>
<li>Nothing really stands out as far as ECs. I see you have leadership and a lot of community service, but I do not see a central focus. I just see a bunch of random clubs and organizations. Also, do you have any academic awards? Those are pretty important when it comes to Ivy League decisions.</li>
</ol>

<p>The most important part of your application is what school you are applying to. Cornell has 7 undergraduate colleges, ranging from more ambiguous schools such as the College of Arts and Sciences to specific things like the School of Hotel Management. If you're applying to a more specific school, they will want to see that you have already done things in your intended field of study, such as internships. </p>

<p>My advice to you consists of two things. One, take two SAT Subjects and get 750+ on both of them, and two, make sure your essay are outstanding. Write about something that will make Cornell think "Wow, we could definitely use this person at our college." Show leadership and growth and remember to be personal. </p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>

<p>oh GOD I remember these haha. The chance threads have begun again. I made one too last year because I was a paranoid, obsessed high school senior too. You'll be fine. Write some goofy essays... like from the point of view of a cello, or analyzing a plate of pasta... or something. take SAT 2s. do a little research. you'll be fine.</p>

<p>May I ask that Cornell consider the SAT Writing part ,my son 'd apply AEM.This department's so compettative.</p>

<p>"May I ask that Cornell consider the SAT Writing part ,my son 'd apply AEM.This department's so compettative."</p>

<p>you want to ask...for special treatment for your son? That seems likely to happen for one out of 34K(?) applicants.</p>

<p>chatpo, you do realize that none of us have anything to do with Cornell admission, right?</p>

<p>I think school of engineering's more competitive in Cornell.</p>

<p>Do you speak English?</p>

<p>Methinks a troll has appeared</p>