!!!!please chance me for top uc's and some privates!!!

<p>Hey CC,</p>

<p>I attend one of the top 100 schools in the nation in California. I wanted to test my chances at some of the top tier UC's as well as privates. </p>

<p>Full list of colleges: </p>

<p>UC Berkeley
UC Los Angeles
UC San Diego
Stanford
Caltech
Cornell
G.Tech
U. Michigan
Columbia
Penn
U. Illinois
Northwestern
MIT
Carnegie Mellon</p>

<p>Academics:
This is where my real problem is. The worst part of my application is my grades. I have somewhat of an upward trend but I have around a 4.0 WEIGHTED, maybe like a 3.5 unweighted. I have taken a lot of AP's and also classes at Community College and whatnot.</p>

<p>SAT: 2400 (one sitting)
PSAT: 236 (NMS Semi)
SAT 2 Math: 800
SAT 2 Chem: 800
SAT 2 USH: 800
ACT: 36</p>

<p>AP Tests (all 5's): Chem, Calc BC, USH, CompSci, Human Geo, Macro/Micro, Psych, Env. Science
AP Scholar</p>

<p>4-5 AP's senior year as well.</p>

<p>FBLA: State 1st place
DECA: State 1st place
Speech and Debate: Captain
Founder of Economics Club and Science Club
VP of DECA Chapter
VP of Computer Club</p>

<p>Regional Science Fair- 1st place
Siemens Competition- Regional Finalist
Sun Certified Programmer
Author- youth award winning book
Internship at Solar Company(Paid)
Published few research papers for International group (Paid)
Internship with Facebook
Researcher at top university (summer science project)- Great Supp. Recommendation
Developed multiple websites for Personal and Business level clients
iPhone app developer (made couple of apps that have raised many thousands->donated to my nonprofit)
Founder/President of Youth Nonprofit that fights malnutrition
- Raised around 10k + for organization</p>

<p>Started a company that has raised quite a bit of money in my field of interest over the summer.</p>

<p>These are my main extracurriculars and they are pretty focused(at least I hope =/).
Please let me know what you think my chances are. I'm mainly interested in UC Berkeley and plan to start working on my personal statement soon. I will make this reflect the interest from my EC's as well as I can.</p>

<p>THANK YOU SO MUCH AND EXPECT ME TO CHANCE BACK AS WELL =D</p>

<p>Your test results and EC's are totally badass.</p>

<p>Agreed, those ecs are insane.
How do you have time to do all of that stuff?</p>

<p>On topic, i think that you are a prime candidate for all of the schools you mentioned above. It wouldnt surprise me if they offered you a full ride as the type of charitable activities that you do would put that school in a favorable light. They only detriment (if you can even call it that) is the lack sports, however in your case i'm sure that it wont matter in the slightest.</p>

<p>You are competitive enough for even Harvard.</p>

<p>I would be surprised if you DIDN'T get accepted to Berkeley. Those are amazing stats.</p>

<p>My troll senses are tingling.</p>

<p>thanks a lot guys, these stats are real PioneerJones, its just my GPA that is really low and that is what worries me for most of these top tier schools.</p>

<p>To be perfectly honest with you, shut up, you're going to any college you apply to, possibly with a full scholarship. Its people like me that should be worried because we're competing with people like you. </p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/949527-i-can-haz-chances-columbia-nyu.html#post1065119809%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/949527-i-can-haz-chances-columbia-nyu.html#post1065119809&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>polaris12 thanks for the response. i'll still give u a chance but im not trying to be conceited. im simply asking given my really poor GPA</p>

<p>buububububbuuumpppppppp</p>

<p>amazing
i would be surprised if u did not get in everywhere</p>

<p>Chance Back
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/951062-will-chance-back-dont-soft-me.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/951062-will-chance-back-dont-soft-me.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Im sensing a troll</p>

<p>Rohitht, I am seriously not a troll. Please dont make unsupported comments. I'm just worried about what my GPA is going to do to my application.</p>

<p>i think your overall awesomeness makes up for you gpa, which isn't that bad in the first place</p>

<p>thanks LAXer25, what do u guys think about Stanford as well?</p>

<p>What I want to know is why you would take the SAT/ACT after getting a perfect score on the other.</p>

<p>apply for stanford.</p>

<p>no one can really tell can tell you for sure if you'll get in (obviously), but i think that some of your ECs will stand out(the whole app thing was pretty cool)</p>

<p>PioneerJones, I took the ACT first and was enrolled in an SAT prep course. so i just decided to take the SAT at the end to see how I would fare.</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>Not sure how you could get better! lol Great chances at all! :)</p>