Please chance me-I'm not perfect!

<p>I am aware that Universities take a very holistic approach when deciding whether or not to accept an individual. Regardless, I would like to see where the college confidential community thinks I stand. I am a female Indian Maryland resident. Please chance me please.
Thank you.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.95
WGPA: 4.7
Rigorous courseload, honors and AP classes. (AP NSL, AP Chem, AP Lang, AP Calc, AP World Junior yr, AP Bio, AP Psych, AP Calc BC, AP Lit Senior yr)</p>

<p>Community Service Hours: 650</p>

<p>SAT (CR, M, W, E)
First: 2030 (750, 710, 570, 7)
Second: 2100 (700, 740, 660, 8)
Super Score: 2150</p>

<p>Extra Curricular Activities:
Name/Year</p>

<p>Key Club
President (12th)
Vice President (11th)
Editor (10th)
Member (9th)</p>

<p>Hope Club
President (12th)
Vice President (11th)
Secretary (10th)
Member (9th)</p>

<p>Amnesty International
Vice President/Co-Founder (12th)</p>

<p>National Honors Society
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>National English Honors Society
Treasurer (11th)
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>National Science Honors Society
Member (10th-12th)</p>

<p>National Math Honors Society
Member (12th)</p>

<p>National Social Studies Honors Society
Member (12th)</p>

<p>National Piano Playing Auditions
Preparatory for Collegiate Class (Highest Rank)</p>

<p>Summer Reading Program (+50 Hours)
I was a director of the summer reading program at the local library. I fostered and promoted literacy in elementary school children.</p>

<p>My main concern is that I was a part of basically every honors society and I am proud of myself for accomplishing this feat. It really bolsters my personal confidence that I have fulfilled my academic endeavors. However, my main passion is community service (and music), something that is of personal importance. Therefore, I channeled most of my efforts into service organizations like Key Club where I could do something of real social value. I was wondering if colleges would see my passion or inquiry why I did not pursue more of an active role in my various honors societies.</p>

<p>For what program within CMU?</p>

<p>I'm applying to H&SS.</p>

<p>Yeah, but that's just the college :) what program? Econ? English? Foreign language?</p>

<p>what is an honor society? why are you in six of them? Other than subject, what do you actually do within each honor society that differentiates it from another?</p>

<p>Unless you have solid answers to all of these questions, I would strongly discourage you from making these the center of your application. At my high school, our honor society was basically for people above 3.5 GPA ... I didn't even bother to include it on my application because I already had a tool to show I was a good student, namely my GPA.</p>

<p>If I were you, I would list them all in one bullet and move on to the more interesting parts of your application - be it key club or music. Your superscored SAT is fine, but the Writing score is a bit concerning to go into H&SS. If you're actually a good writer and the SAT format just wasn't conducive to your style, then no worries. Just show you know how to write with your application. Specifically, try to avoid awkward paragraphs that are structured "My main concern is.... <things that="" aren't="" concerning=""> ... <the concern="">" :D</the></things></p>

<p>If your passion is service, being in key club doesn't necessarily mean you did anything (and Admissions officer know this). Make sure you can point to concrete accomplishments in those areas "I organized X event that raised $Y for Z charity" or some similar role that you played.</p>