please give me suggestion

<p>I had a terrible yr 9th grade. Suffer mild depression after being bullied at school. Almost wanted to commit suicide. Finally determined to seek professional help and came back up since 10th grade</p>

<p>9th grade 2.7
10th grade 3.45
11th grade 4.12</p>

<p>overall UC gpa un-wt 3.73 wt 3.80 very closed becasue I didn't take any AP, just 1 honor pre-cal and 2 college level classes</p>

<p>1st try sat1 (r 710, m 800 w 690) total 2200
1st try sat11 math 800
world history 770
plan to take physics in oct, and expect 800</p>

<p>Expected Senior load:
English IV, Honor econ, honor physics, AP calculus, college level computer science, college level music</p>

<p>honors: National merit commended list
UCB ATDP Program</p>

<p>EC: track and field, swimming, drawing, music, video game development, ping pong</p>

<p>Volunteer/Leadership
play group aid for special needs kids group
pianist for kids with special needs
assistant to tournament director for pingpong club
assistant pingpong coach for special needs kid (I believe it's first in the nation to help out
the autistic kids to learn how to play pong ping. It's the most challenging and rewarding experience I ever have)</p>

<p>I plan to apply to ucb,ucla, ucsd, ucd, usc, johns hopkins, cornell, cal tech and Carnegie M. My only concern for those top private school is if they take into consideration my 9th grade gpa, I have no chance. If they don't, do I have a shot ?</p>

<p>Please give me your opinion ? Should I apply ?</p>

<p>Many many thanks</p>

<p>Sorry.forgot to mention. I am an asian. I want to major in computer science</p>

<p>What state are you from?</p>

<p>If you explain the circumstances surrounding your freshman year and continue your upward trend in GPA, you should be fine (provided that you are in-state). Best of luck!</p>

<p>I am from california</p>