<p>Okay, so some of you may know me and some of you may not. I was posting last year about my Kenyon College dilemma. Basically, I applied (originally) to 10 colleges last year. I applied ED II to Scripps and got rejected. I got rejected from Bucknell, Occidental, Wellesley...waitlisted at Tulane, and Kenyon (My dream school which I didn't realize how much I loved until I visited late in the Spring and it was too late to apply ED) and I got accepted into my state university Rutgers, American and Santa Clara.</p>
<p>American and SCU gave me barely any money, making it impossible to attend.
My only choice was Rutgers, which was my obvious last choice.
I want to study foreign languages and just couldn't see me learning languages in a university setting. I really wanted a liberal arts experience. I desperately tried to get off Kenyon's waitlist with extra recommendations and letters, but it was no help. I was truly crushed about Kenyon because I fell in love with it on an overnight visit, plus they have a very unique modern language and literature major. Frantic about attending Rutgers, I decided to look up schools still accepting applications. So I applied late to Hendrix College in Conway, AR, got a decent scholarship, and just currently completed my freshman year.</p>
<p>Here is the problem</p>
<p>I applied as a transfer this year to Kenyon, Wesleyan, Bucknell, Lehigh, and Emory. I didn't think I would go back to Hendrix after freshman year because I was so set on learning languages at a school with more class and language offerings. I told myself that I was going to Hendrix knowing I was transferring, no matter what! Yet, I applied and sent the essays at a time when I didn't realize how much I loved Hendrix. I had called my mom about two months ago, and told her that even though I spent all this money on transfer applications, I didn't think I could bring myself to leave Hendrix. It was really hard for me since I put so much time into additional essays, copying forms, recommendations, keeping up my grades, etc. She said that was perfectly fine with everything and if I was happy, she would agree with whatever decision I made.</p>
<p>Well, I got WL at Wesleyan, rejected at Bucknell, have not heard from Emory...but</p>
<p>I got accepted to KENYON! and Lehigh!</p>
<p>To make matters worse, i got offered a 32,000 dollar grant to lehigh a year, and a 38,000! dollar grant to Kenyon a year. It is cheaper for me to go to Kenyon with the grants alone, besides the fact that it is closer to home ( I dont have to fly) and I dont have to store stuff over the summer etc.</p>
<p>I can really care less about lehigh, its Kenyon that is bugging me.
I wanted Kenyon so bad last year. I cried myself to sleep for weeks because I did not get in. I couldn't see myself anywhere else last year.</p>
<p>Now I have already been elected to be President of my dorm next year, and 1st vice chair of a huge charity organization. All of my stuff is in a storage bin in Arkansas, I have a wonderful boyfriend, great friends,etc. My parents are pressing me to leave Hendrix for Kenyon.</p>
<p>They think that Kenyon is giving more money, obviously more prestigious, better for my major, and closer to home. They are pressing me to go and will do anything to dissuade my from Hendrix. Hendrix does not have any linguistic course offerings, is not as prestigious, and cost me more money. BUT I am comfortable there and have so many commitments. If I go to Kenyon next year, I probably won't be able to gain the leadership type positions I have at Hendrix since I will be a sophmore starting all over again. My junior year <em>because I am a spanish major</em> will be completed abroad. So really I will only be spending my sophmore and senior year at the school I chose.</p>
<p>I don't know what to do.</p>
<p>Leave a school that isn't as prestigious for my old dream school, but lose my friends, commitments, and boyfriend?</p>
<p>Attend a more prestigious school I once loved, but make friends all over again? </p>
<p>Does saving an additional 10,000 dollars a year really matter if I am truly happy at Hendrix?</p>
<p>Is it right to leave the college that I already promised myself to concerning presidency of my dorm and a 1st vice chair position?</p>
<p>Is studying language at Kenyon really going to make that much of a difference in the long run?</p>
<p>How much will my extra curriculars weigh in (if I stay at Hendrix) versus the name of the school (if I attend Kenyon)</p>
<p>I am so distraught and extremely upset. If they had only accepted me last year, this would be different. Now I am in a bind. I have until June 15th to make a decision and I am already crying myself to sleep about it. Kenyon put me through so much emotional torment last year when I did not get in. Now that I finally have the acceptance letter in my hand, I don't know what to do.</p>
<p>PLEASE HELP ME PARENTS! My parents are a little biased on the situation so I need some outside opinions.</p>