The title says it all.
Note: We were able to visit Davidson, Duke, Wake and GW but not Brown, Vandy, or Yale.
Any answers you can provide to the questions below would be greatly appreciated. We are researching lots online but…I want to hear from those who have been there with their own ears/eyes, etc.
S21 is currently working on these school apps (as well as two FL schools) but…IF we consider ED then we need more info on fit.
I found a Vibe check on Reddit, so I’m unabashedly including the questions here that would likely help S, DH and I learn specific vibes about these schools:
(1) Why did you (or your S/D) choose this school?
(2) What is your school known for? What is its reputation?
(3) Is this reputation accurate?
(4) What are you (or S/D) involved with on campus?
(5) What do you think your school offers that no other school does?
*(6) What kinds of people do you think would love your school?
*(7) What kinds of people do you think would hate your school?
(8) Do you like your school? Why/Why not?
(9) Your college’s biggest strengths. What do students appreciate about their school/take for granted?
(10) Your college’s biggest weaknesses? What do students complain about the most? What would an admissions counselor never tell you?
(* - I especially am looking for answers to these questions.)
S21 is a strong (but not exceptional - no national awards or anything!) applicant. Full-pay. Hispanic (adopted), and will submit scores (ACT35, etc).
Many thanks for ANY f/b you can share!!!