Please tell me my chances!!!!!!!!!!!

<p>I'm a white male, both parents born in Iran.
I learned Farsi before English, but now my English is stronger.
I attend Phillips Academy, Andover as a new 10th grader. My previous school was Lynnfield High, where I was ranked 1 of ~130 with a GPA of 4.518.</p>

<p>My courses right now and my grades (on a 6-point scale):</p>

<p>........................................Fall...... Winter...Spring (What I currently have)
Honors AP BC Calculus............6...........5..........6
AP Chemistry.........................5..........5.... ......6
Second Year French...............5...........6..........6
English.................................6......... ..5.......(no grades yet)
(The Required Course
for 10th graders)
History.................................4......... ..-..........-
( A one term requirement
for 10th graders)
Human Nature.......................-.............4.........-
(Same as History)
P/E (Requirement)..................-............-..........P
Computer Programing
(1 term in Java).....................-............-...........6</p>

<p>My advisor told me after fall term that there were seven 10th graders (out of about 280) with a 6.0, unweighted (I had 5.5 unweighted).</p>

<p>Taking AP and SAT II's in both Math and Chemistry this year.</p>

<p>Next year I'm taking a six-course load with two AP's. I'm pretty much taking the toughest courses I can. My schedule next year looks like this:</p>

<p>Linear Algebra and Mutlivariable Calculus
AP Physics (W/ spring elective for Quatum Mechanics and Relativity)
Third Year French
English (The one for 11th graders)
AP Computer Programing
Molecular Biology Laboratory Research (Fall)
Molecular Biology Independent Research (Winter)</p>

<p>E.C.'s</p>

<p>Cross Country/Indoor Track/Outdoor Track (Not that good though)
Math Club (Got 106.5 and 113.5 on AMC 10, did well on other tests, too)
Chess Club
Ping Pong Club
Andover Astronomical Society (VERY small club)
Debate Team (Not a regular member though)</p>

<p>I like to program. I'm very good at QBasic, learning C++ outside school.</p>

<p>I'm currently working on a website for a small business
Preliminary Site at <a href="http://www.gis.net/%7Earash/Edge/%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.gis.net/~arash/Edge/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I'm hoping to enroll in the NASASHARP program next summer.
<a href="http://www.nasasharp.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.nasasharp.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I've haven't taken any real SAT's, but I did take a practice one on my computer a few years back and got 790 math and ~630 verbal (I know I need to work on this).</p>

<p>I'd like to get into MIT or Caltech.</p>

<p>oh, nobody ever replies to mine!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>You seem like a solid student, especially in math and the sciences. You are only a sophomore and your courseload seems quite challenging. I'd say that you have a fair chance at MIT or Caltech. It really depends on your actual test scores and how you keep up with your studies next year as a junior. As for being an Iranian, I don't think that it will help you or hurt you in admissions because it is not considered a real minority group (trust me, I am also Iranian).Good luck!</p>

<p>hmmm, here goes:</p>

<p>MIT:8%
CIT:10%</p>

<p>...unless of course you are the inventor of the atom or some such trifle</p>

<p>really, that low?</p>

<p>what can i do to get that % up?</p>

<p>I would say even lower at those schools. I have a friend with 1590, SAT IIs total 2250 and took 12 APs, 1/500 spent a summer at Los Alamos Laboratory doing research or something he's crazy smart and has 4 years of varsity swimming and water polo and some other good ecs and he applied to MIT early and got deffered, was rejected at Caltech but accepted regular at MIT. So good luck. You seem smart and qualified but not crazy smart and crazy qualified so I doubt you'll get in.</p>

<p>Will it hurt me in MIT admissions if our school doesnt offer the AMC tests?</p>

<p>Nobody will penalize you because your school lacks something. Do the best at what is offered to you but you can't be penalized for what's out of your control.</p>

<p>pjv, if ur friend didn't get in CIT, who does?</p>

<p>well-rounded human beings, not walking calculators (Lol)!!!!</p>

<p>(i fall into the latter camp, just FYI) lol</p>

<p>i really don't know who does? It's pretty crazy competitive. Of course he's white male middle class protestant form public school so that hurts. He really is well rounded so I couldn't figure it out. I don't know what more he could use besides a legacy or a whole lot of luck</p>