Political Mischief

<p>Can</a> GOP Voters Spoil the Dem Race? - Yahoo! News</p>

<p>The Democrats are doing a good job spoiling their own race without any help at all. ;)</p>

<p>
[quote]
With Barack Obama and John Edwards absent from Tuesday's Democratic primary ballot in Michigan because of a dispute over the date of the primary in this state, some are calling for Democrats to cross over to vote for the Republican they'd most like to fight against in the general election.

[/quote]

Michigan</a> Messenger:: Democrats urged to vote in Republican primary</p>

<p>Democrats started it and have done it for years. This year, the Democrats and independents were successful in getting a liberal "Republican" as the GOP nominee for President.</p>

<p>How is McCain a liberal again?</p>

<p>
[quote]
How is McCain a liberal again?

[/quote]

McCain-Finegold
McCain-LIberman
McCain-Kennedy
Gang of 14
Denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
Said Justice Alito was too conservative.
Anmesty for illegals.
Oppose 2001 tax cuts.
Opposing drilling in ANWR
And on, and on, and on.</p>

<p>Oh yes, I forgot, those are the sole factors in determing whether or not one is conservative or liberal.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Democrats started it and have done it for years. This year, the Democrats and independents were successful in getting a liberal "Republican" as the GOP nominee for President.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Razor I am not sure if you read about the mischief carefully. The liberal commentators who encouraged Dems to vote in the Michigan Primary were told to vote for ROMNEY, not McCain. The only other election that took place where the Dems did not have a real election was Fla. which was closed anyway. Republicans chose John McCain, not Democrats. I think you should re-analyze where the mainstream of the Republican Party is rather than trying to blame McCain's nomination on Democrats (with sparse or no evidence).</p>

<p>Let's analyze those for a second

[quote]
McCain-Finegold
McCain-LIberman
McCain-Kennedy
Gang of 14
Denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
Said Justice Alito was too conservative.
Anmesty for illegals.
Oppose 2001 tax cuts.
Opposing drilling in ANWR
And on, and on, and on.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>All those McCain- (Democrat) bills you mentioned had to do with global warming , immigration reform, and campaign finance reform. Outside of the real fringe of the Republican Party, campaign finance and immigration reform had BIPARTISAN support. Campaign finance reform was signed by BUSH and McCain-Kennedy was supported by BUSH. If these were liberal pieces of legislation I don't think that Bush would have been backing it. Those bills don't make McCain a liberal it means he's not part of the fringe of the Republican Party.</p>

<p>As for Alito and the Gang of 14 everyone knows some of the judges Bush picked were off the rocker and have already passed devasating legislation. That Abortion Bill that was passed banned third-trimester abortions with no exception for a WOMAN's HEALTH. How is that to appeal to the pro-life base by passing a bill that puts a woman's right to her health on the balance.</p>

<p>As for the only two position were McCain really did buck the party trend (torture and tax cuts). He's since flip-flopped and supports torture and tax cuts. Wow that has a nice ring to it. Maybe I should sell that to a 527.</p>

<p>You know, its these kind of statements that explain why Republicans are going to lose more seats in the Senate come 2008. They were convinced that there was this silent majority of die-hard conservatives all around the country, but the results show the kind of politics you would demand from Republicans would get them booted out anywhere outside the deep South. That's why Santorum and George Allen are now Faux commentators instead of Senators and why Sununu will be next and why Arlen Specter will have less to worry about to keep his seat than the three I mentioned previously.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Let's analyze those for a second

[/quote]

1. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are a liberal.
  2. You defend the above because they make sense to you and other liberals.
  3. You would agree that the above does not make sense to conservatives.</p>

<p>You are making my point. The above are liberal views that you agree with but I don't since I ain't no liberal.</p>

<p>The bottom line is that the analysis of your analysis is that McCain voted for/enacted legislation that was supported by liberals and not conservatives. I think it is fair to say, McCain is no conservative. He is a liberal (or at least has a big liberal streak).</p>

<p>I am not sure if you actually read that since you are partisan, but just said, oh, liberal. I can't read it. McCAIN-Fiengold was bipartisan and was NOT VETO-Proof. Bush SIGNED IT. It is not liberal. It is Bipartisan. iImmigration reform was also bipartisan. It was only oppsed by fringe elements on the far left and far-right.</p>

<p>There's a difference between conservative and fringe right. Rick Santorum and Sununu. would be fringe-right. Russ Fiengold or Boxer would be fringe left. That doesn't mean I think anyone who is not Boxer or Fiengold is a conservative. Jeez.</p>