POLL: Would you rather graduate in 4 yrs at state school or 5 yrs at Ivy League?

<p>Just wondering.... would you rather graduate on-time in 4 years at an "okay" state school like University of FL or Penn State, or, if given the chance, graduate in 5 years at an Ivy League School?</p>

<p>How would you feel if you went to a state school and was graduating today while your friend from HS still has to stay another year at an Ivy League school?</p>

<p>Depends, is the state school Berkeley or UCLA?</p>

<p>Depends on the financial situation. If an Ivy League school paid me for the 5th year (room+board+everything), give me the ivy league.</p>

<p>Plus, take it from me, graduating now SUCKS. College is fun.</p>

<p>assume the state school is tier 2 -- like univ. florida, penn state, univ maryland, etc...</p>

<p>Assuming costs are equal, I'll take Ivy. In fact, any cost disparity under $20k and I'll stick with the Ivy.</p>

<p>Definitely 5 years at an Ivy.</p>

<p>If it's between like Harvard and Bucktooth Northwestern Billly-Joe University or w/e, then heck yes.</p>

<p>Haha, actually, I would love to stay five years instead of four years at some ivy league schools, as well as at certain non-ivy league schools for that matter. In fact, I do know someone who voluntarily chose to stay in college for five years to finish a double major.</p>

<p>^ Haha, yeah... >.></p>

<p>...</p>

<p><.<
...</p>

<p>Well, I'm choosing Berkeley because of their engineering department, extremely low cost, and it has nice weather.</p>

<p>I don't know why it would take you 5 years at an Ivy, but it doesn't seem worth it, especially if you don't get as much FA as a state school.</p>

<p>Many of my friends who are attending state schools are graduating in three years (or getting a master's in four years, or something like that) because of the incredible number of AP classes we take in high school, so I already am essentially staying an "extra year" at an Ivy. :| But I think it's worth it! What's the rush to leave college when it's somewhere that can offer you such an incredible experience?</p>

<p>Depends on the cost.</p>

<p>Four years at state school. The ivy league has no pull for me, and I am ready to be done with school.</p>

<p>I'd take 5 years at a state school. Is this an option in your world? Because it's what I'm doing in mine.
Plus, with my 5 years I tally up 2 majors and a masters in accounting...It may not matter in the long run, but I'm enjoying it.</p>

<p>Given your options, I'd choose 4 years at a state school.</p>

<p>I wish I could stay an extra year at my school...</p>

<p>I would take 5 years at an Ivy over 4 at a mediocre state school.</p>

<p>Penn state is far from an "okay" state school. I from your list I choose Penn state over ivy. I love it here.</p>

<p>I would take the 5 years if it was a double major versus 4 years and a single major.</p>

<p>LOL at UF and PSU being 'ok' schools. God, the people on this site make me sick...</p>

<p>Because having high standards is sickening!</p>