Poor high school record - What should I do for stateU?

<p>Due to motivational factors, my high school record was rather poor.</p>

<p>GPA around 2.5
SAT around 1050
No athletics or ECs
Easy courseload, mostly low level classes</p>

<p>I was planning to join the army, but changed my mind and decided to go to community college to try to improve my standings and eventually apply to transfer into UConn.</p>

<p>I was wondering how good my grades should be and how many ECs I should take to acheive this goal, and whether I should retake the SATs (and what score to aim for if I do). I also don't really know how many semesters or classes I ought to sign up for.</p>

<p>Any suggestions would be extremely helpful, I unfortunately know very little about college admissions.</p>

<p>I don't know anything about UConn specifically, but try to get your GPA up between a 3.5/3.7 range. It's going to be tough, but given the highschool GPA, you have to prove that you're really trying your hardest. As for SATs, check to see whether UConn even lets you retake them before you do anything. If it does, it might be worth it to retake them, but the focus is going to be more on your college transcript so focus all your efforts there. </p>

<p>Good luck. :)</p>

<p>Go to NWCCC, and do your darndest to get good grades, then transfer as a Jr. to UConn.</p>