<p>Hey everyone, first post here! @__@
Anyway, I'll be a high school senior come fall 2010, so I've been looking at all sorts of college stuff recently (way, way too late, I know >< ).
For sure, I'll be applying to UCLA, hopefully majoring in some sort of digital art - I'm one of those manga/anime-obsessed people, ahem. But I know that most look down on that sort of art, some don't even consider it an art form, and so on.
I'm alright with realism, can draw okay-ish still life and such, but my question is: </p>
<p>Would it be alright to submit anything manga/anime-styled in the portfolio itself? I've looked at the requirements for the portfolio online, but not much is specified other than a "self portrait in any medium" and 5-10 examples of original work.</p>
<p>Any more info would be great! Help from people who've actually gone to UCLA, majored in/are majoring in Art would be amazing.
I'm also sort of stuck on college options - my parents refuse to pay for a private school, and have also said that they wouldn't pay if I only got into a community college, so. XD; My choices are pretty much limited to the UCs here - does anyone have any idea how good the art programs are in them, UCLA aside? </p>
<p>ONE MORE REQUEST (sorry!). Some comments on my chances of getting into different UCs would be highly appreciated. =x </p>
- current SAT 2110, will re-take Nov 2010. Using Math II and Lit for the subject tests; Math 720, Lit taking Oct 2010. Possibly using Chinese 790? (but since I'm Chinese, probably won't be that great. >< )
- took AP World, Honors Chem, Honors Precal sophomore year. 4 on AP test.
- took Honors English, AP Calc AB, APUSH, AP Bio junior year. AP scores: Calc 5, APUSH 4, Bio 4.
- will take AP Stats, French 3, AP Gov't, AP Art, Physics, English 4 senior year.
- final unweighted GPA, as of junior year, was 3.33. D:<br>
- not many extracurriculars, classes (drawing, chinese zither, tennis) aside. Only one or two small clubs (was never in an important position either ;_; ).
- as of right now, exactly 100 hours of community service.
- halfway-decent artistic ability. >>;</p>
<p>I have many more questions, especially about what to major in, but this is more than enough for now! XD;; Any sort of help in any of the above areas would be really, really appreciated! And sorry for the incredibly long post. x__x</p>