-Several clubs, founder for one, leadership positions in quite a few
-TaeKwonDo 3rd Deg. Black belt with experience in coaching/refereeing
-Varsity Cross Country and Track
-Active involvement in church and church leadership
-NHS
-Private tutor
-more menial ones</p>

<p>So anyone?</p>

<p>your numbers are right at the averages for admitted students. so right now i would say you are on the fence, and it will depend on a few things that you havent listed here:
location (from what I gather the admissions committee has a quota for ny students, this could be entirely false, but I get the impression that a great deal of students here are from the area)
race: unfortunately, these numbers become more impressive to the committee if you aren't white and your parents are making below $80K a year. </p>

<p>this is all entirely my opinion and really not based on anything very factual, just impressions that I have gotten around campus from discussions with other kids. good luck.</p>

<p>papercuts you are a reach. simply put 1310 is low-- not "on the fence". Without a class rank the 3.6uw is avg but could be a plus from a very competitive high school. I think the opposite of the pervious poster on $$. If you have the bucks and don't need aid that could help. Of course being a URM always helps.</p>

<p>i think you have a chance.</p>

<p>is a 1310 really that low for just M+R?????</p>

<p>no it isn't:</p>

<p>"Academic Statistics (Four-year Programs)
Average High School GPA: 3.62
SAT Score Range (middle 50%): 1310 – 1440
ACT Score Range (middle 50%): 29 - 31
Ranked in Top 10% of High School Class: 73% "</p>

<p>from <a href="http://admissions.nyu.edu/fast_facts/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.nyu.edu/fast_facts/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>like I said, your numbers are at about the avg for admitted students (but you are on the fence because your test scores are in the lower part of that range). definitely not a stretch...perhaps ellockonyu was thinking about stern and not CAS. and I disagree with ellockonyu on the aid thing...if the admissions committee sees you as a rich kid with a pretty easy life then these numbers seem easy/avg and dont stick out compared to someone with slightly lower numbers coming from a more difficult situation.</p>

<p>The admissions office does not consider financial issues when making their decisions. In fact, the financial aid information is not even in their office but is determined by the financial aid office itself.</p>

<p>match/slight slight reach</p>

<p>your sat's are in the 25th percentile.</p>

<p>Wow your stats are strikingly similar to my high school ones...but I am applying as a transfer student. To be honest, I don't know anyone personally who got in w/ a 1310 (my school sent 30 kids to NYU last year), but it's a semi-reach for you. I had a friend get in with a low GPA for NYU but she applied ED. If you are a URM or go to one of NYC's feeder schools then NYU may be a match.</p>

<p>i think people misunderstand your 1310.
i hope they realize you mean CR & M, not total.
but you should make it clear what sections they are (:</p>

<p>oh my school [troy] doesn't rank its students... we have to take exams to get in, and the school curriculum is generally more difficult (or so to say) than the neighboring high schools</p>

<p>and regarding SAT I, does NYU take only one seat score or combined? cus my combined would slightly (only 20 pts however: 1330) increase.</p>

<p>i mostly thought what gonsenheim/vgurl008 posted, prior to making this thread: a little below a match.</p>

<p>but if i were to apply to stern i think i'd definitely be a reach.. haha</p>

<p>oh and.. 1310...boo. ahh now i'm worrying, i really want to go to nyu.
anyway thank you guys for chancing :)</p>

<p>yeah, they combine sittings.</p>

<p>troy high in fullerton?</p>