Potential Cornell H.E. Transfer

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know the situation about transferring to Cornell with my grades and extra curriculars.</p>

<p>I am currently studying Biology in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (aka one of the toughest grading schools on the east coast lol in case you've never heard of it, Grade</a> Inflation: Colleges With the Easiest and Hardest Grades - CBS News;%5DGrade">http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-37243170/grade-inflation-colleges-with-the-easiest-and-hardest-grades/);) I was accepted for the med program they have. I really like it here but I would like to see if I can study somewhere else. As of now I have a 3.6 GPA. HOWEVER, I just found out I have a C+ in Chemistry and that class seriously screwed me over but otherwise after taking 20 credits worth of classes I received A's in basically everything, but is that one C+ going to hurt my chances of transferring not just to Cornell, but anywhere? Especially with my major (since it's required)..</p>

<p>I'm in student government, I hold multiple leadership positions, I'm an active member of 3 clubs on campus and I'm sure I can get great recommendations from my advisor and my speech communications teacher who gave me an A. For the Cornell transfer application, it's suggested that applicants have a GPA of 3.33 or higher but despite all this I sort of feel that it's not enough. Should I not even bother applying due to that one bad grade or do I still have a shot under the right circumstances?</p>

<p>Please let me know if I have to provide any more information as well. Thank you!</p>