<p>So, if it DOESN"T rain, does God hate Georgia?</p>
<p>Gov of Georgia Sonny Perdue is gonna gather up people to pray for rain,…now that’s leadership</p>
<p>So, if it DOESN"T rain, does God hate Georgia?</p>
<p>Gov of Georgia Sonny Perdue is gonna gather up people to pray for rain,…now that’s leadership</p>
<p>I’m certainly no fan of Sonny, but at this point, it can’t hurt!</p>
<p>if you look beyond the whole church and state thing, which you can’t, if it doesn’t work, does that mean anything?</p>
<p>Were you at all concerned that FDR lead the whole nation in prayer over the radio during WWII? Was that also a no-no from a church-state thing?</p>
<p>not much of a fan for that either- so I am pretty consistent</p>
<p>but it is one thing to prayer of hope and such and quite another to pray to change nature</p>
<p>I find praying for rain just silly, actually</p>
<p>And FDRs prayer was different, it was about supporting people, but still find prayer from a national leader absurd on its face- it means that God is an American I guess…</p>
<p>Since it will rain at some point, the longer they wait, the more likely their prayers will be answered.</p>
<p>Unless you live in the Southeast and are in the middle of this “exceptional” drought (which, I gather is worse than “severe” drought—we’ve graduated to exceptional), you can’t fully appreciate how bad it is. Even the weeds are withered up. I’m not a particularly religious person, and certainly appreciate the church vs. state separation. However, given the current circumstances, I’m all for trying whatever works. (I’ve tried washing ALL my cars the day before there was a chance of rain—and even THAT didn’t work)!</p>
<p>We’re in Richmond and it finally showered about two weeks ago; people in the grocery store parking lot were actually walking with their faces up to the sky and their arms held out to feel the much wanted drops. It poured for a while later that day, but that hasn’t been enough and we are still under a no water usage mandate. I’ve gotten used to brown lawns and shrubs and dirty cars! I’ll pray for you Georgians, it certainly can’t hurt.</p>
<p>And I would ask for all those of you CC-ers who are so inclined to pray for us as well. Not so much of a “shopping list”-type prayer, but more of a being closer in touch with the One we are talking with-type prayer. It always brings comfort. </p>
<p>Sort of like a call home from a college kid, you know? As a parent, you don’t expect (nor do you WANT) the college kid to have you “fix” everything that may be upsetting them in their life. But it IS nice when they want to talk to you about it and you DO feel closer to them. And if you can give them comfort and if you consider that it is in their best interest to do something to help them out, you do it. That is the way I envision prayer.</p>
<p>I saw something on the evening news last night about a mansion in Georgia (I think it was in Marietta) that had a water bill of $30,000 a month!! The house is so massive that the owners don’t balk about that kind of money for water, but the water district can’t check to see how the owners are violating the mandatory water restrictions because of a gate on their driveway. Talk about being selfish! Just because you can afford $30,000 a month for water doesn’t mean you should waste it. There were aerial views of their massive swimming pool and the grass looked pretty green.</p>
<p>I hope to it rains down there. Thats the last thing I need when I return to college in Atlanta…no water.</p>
<p>Yeah, michone. On the news today they said that person in that huge house has agreed to, I think, cut their usage in half. I might be making that half part up, but I think that is what they said. Sheesh! Still sounds crazy to me!</p>
<p>It has gotten to where I feel guilty for flushing…</p>
<p>And I just finished hauling big buckets of water (recovered from showers) to water some things outside. Not grass…that is dormant now anyway.</p>