Hello all! I am currently just about to end my sophomore year and I’m looking to see if anybody has any advice on what colleges I should look at. This year, online learning has hit me pretty hard, which has drastically lowered my GPA. Here are my statistics:
Desired Major: Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, or Chemistry (Pre-Med)
Current GPA: 3.66 unweighted, 3.85 weighted
I have calculated my maximum GPA for junior year to be 3.76 (unweighted).
Freshman Year Transcript
AP Human Geography: A-
English 9: B
Honors English 10: A+
Algebra 1: A
Algebra 2: A-
Health & PE 1: A+
German 1: A
German 2: B+
German 3: B
Principals of Biomedical Science: A
Sophomore Year Transcript
AP Biology: A-
AP Chemistry: B-
AP Chemistry Lab: B-
Anatomy & Physiology: A-
AP English Language & Composition: A
World History II: A
Classes that I am taking next year:
AP English Literature
AP U.S. History
Human Body Systems
Law and Debate
Introduction to Engineering
Health & PE 2
Current (Grades 9-10):
- Technology Student Association (Co-Founder & Vice President)
- Model United Nations
Looking into for next year:
- Mock Trial
- National Honors Society
- National Science Honors Society
- Future Health Professionals (I would be founding the chapter)
Looking at the following volunteering/internships for this summer and next year:
- Medical internship for a non-profit in Ghana.
- Volunteering for a local politician’s campaign.
- Student Advisory Committee for my local school board.
- Volunteering at local hospitals.
Thanks for helping me out!