So I haven’t committed to LU yet, but I think I’m really liking the vibes here. I can definitely see myself going to LU. However, I don’t really know anyone who goes here or has graduated, so I’m not sure who to approach. I’ve done my fair share of research (visited, had a mini-interview with a Psych major, phone call with a Vocal major) but no one has been able to talk about the pre-med program directly.
So here are my questions:
- Are LU pre-med students prepared well for the MCAT and do the courses available at Lawrence typically satisfy the med-school requirements?
- Are there areas nearby that would allow me to gain clinical experience, or find an internship?
- How easy is it to get into research?
- The LU website says that students “have high success rates at entering medical careers (between 2/3 and 3/4 of students applying to medical schools in a given year are offered admission.” This is pretty high, so I’m inclined to feel a little skeptical. How accurate is this? Are there lots of pre med students that get in, or just a few of which the majority are admitted (which would explain the high fraction)?
- Does anyone have any tips for a prospective pre-med student, in general?
Thanks in advance!