Prerequisites at CC, Spring Admit (HAAS)

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>So I was a 2010 spring admit, and last fall I took the equivalent of
economics 1 and one semester of calculus at a community college. Would I be eligible to apply for Haas if I used these two classes as prerequisites? </p>

<p>Also, the Calculus I took at CC matches Berkeley's Math 1B according to assist.org but it's not under the agreement with the specific Business Administration major. (only the equivalent of 1A is listed) Would this make me ineligible too?... :/ </p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Hard to say - this is one that needs to be raised with the department. </p>

<p>In general, CC courses that are accepted as equivalent are okay (although not UGBA 10 which must be taken here). Some courses are not listed under the major but are otherwise listed as equivalent to a Cal course simply because the list for the major is selected to cover the most probably sequence for transfer applicants. If the person building the list assumed that all college students would take the 1A equivalent and then stop, they not have bothered to list the 1B equivalent course. </p>

<p>The real authority on this is the major department (Haas in this case). Contact them. Unless, that is, someone here has had the same situation and knows for a fact because they either applied and were accepted or were told they didn't qualify based on that specific course at that specific CC. Barring a post from a directly match peer, go to the source.</p>