Problems with UCI Medical Center

<p>Is anyone else having a problem with the UCI Medical Center? The center refuses to acknowledge that I called in three times to have a dentist appointment canceled because they failed to acknowledge my request the first two times. This is the only system they have in place, leaving a message on the answering machine. I've made a good share of appointments to the medical center and it always seems that they never have someone to answer the phone, and when I do a walk-in the attendant always ignores the ringing phone. When I saw my college bill and noticed that there was a $40 for the "canceled" dentist appointment. I immediately called up the medical center to annul this false charge. After rudely denying their mistake, they demanded that I come up with tangible evidence. That would be fine, if they didn't delete all their messages, and I don't record my phone calls. So I'm going to end up paying the bill and a late fee because they failed to notify me, and start to record all my phone calls. For the kind of money I'm paying to finance this I should get better service.</p>

<p>Did you call to cancel the appt within the timeframe that the center provides?</p>

<p>Tangible evidence? Your phone bill can serve as tangible evidence to show that you called this # at this date & time.</p>

<p>I called in weeks before the scheduled appointment. I'll try the phone bill but I doubt they're going to accept it.</p>

<p>We’re sorry to hear about your experience. Your satisfaction is important to us. Please call UC Irvine Healthcare's Patient Relations toll-free at 888.456.7004, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PST) Monday – Friday and they will be able to assist you in resolving this issue. Thank you.</p>