**PSAT Discussion Thread 2015**

The prepscholar cutoffs seem REALLY low. And I do think that link is accurate for scoring…

For the no calculator math, how many answer-multiple-questions-based-on-this-info sections were there?

@Dylan197 What makes you think that the score chart for the practice test will be the same or even close to the same as the real test? FWIW when D16 took the SAT she lost 50 points for missing ONE math question but almost every other sitting of the SAT, missing one would be like 20-30 points off or even 0 depending on the test. I also don’t put much stock in PrepScholars predictions.

How do you guys even know how many questions you missed already?

@JuicyMango pretty sure they’re estimating

@FutureMMAChamp Where could this person possibly have gotten a test on 10/4??? This burns me up. ITs one thing to discuss a test you’ve already taken - but this person HAD the test and had the nerve to post questions on here. Where did it come from?

I can’t even estimate because no one in my school talks about the PSAT and I have no idea what’s “really” right or wrong…I mean I guess I did good in math and writing but I always feel like reading is subjective.

anyone remember how many groups of multiple questions for a single scenario there were for no-calculator math or just math in general?

No, and it doesn’t really matter.

I finished the Reading 1/2 an hour early and drew a demon turtle cat with a speech bubble that says “I eat souls” and a caption that says, “You ask for my SS number, I give you Demon Turtle Cat! U mad, College Board?”

no lie. legit.

@awesomepolyglot You read 5 passages and answered 47 questions in 30 minutes? Geez…

You are one of a kind

what happens if I forgot to sign the contract stating that I would not discuss questions outside of the room? My test proctor did not tell us to, in fact, she told us to leave it blank at the time being.

@awesomepolyglot: Did you actually try, or did you just rush through the passage on purpose? Because the girl next to me finished in 10 minutes, but she bubbled in random answers so it doesn’t really “count” in her case.

@HughJac: Your score might be delayed, but I’m not 100% sure.

A couple of questions 1) When are the scores out and do they get put on the kids’ College Board account?
2) How do you convert the PSAT score to an equivalent “NEW SAT” score? Thanks, Londondad

1. In the past, PSAT scores were NOT put on the CB account. The packet with the scores is sent to the guidance counselor, who then gives it to the student, possibly with some words of wisdom.
  2. Redesigned PSAT Score = (predicted) Redesigned Sat Score. The new PSAT has a maximum of 760 per section, to account for the lower difficulty level.

How do u people know how many u got wrong? Did u take the test book home w you?

@londondad, here are the answers to your questions:

1. Last year we accessed my D2’s PSAT scores online and I just checked and yep, they are still there. Just go to the college board website and link to QuickStart. Per Collegeboard, you might be able to access scores earlier online than paper. In our particular case, the school doesn’t even distribute paper score reports till early January so we’ll definitely be checking online!

2. To convert to an SAT-equivalent score, I just divide the total PSAT score by .95 (or multiply by 1600/1520 for the total, 800/760 for each of the two sections).

Hope that helps!

Thanks.

@londondad Scores will actually be emailed this year in about two months (if student provided an email address) in the email you should get a code that you can plug into Khan this will let you see which questions you missed and what the correct answer should have been, supposedly Khan will provide specific instruction tailored to the problems you missed.

Here is a sample score report for the new PSAT
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/sample-psat-nmsqt-score-report.pdf

Thanks @3scoutmom I think that’s so great about getting the access code e-mailed. D3 took the PSAT yesterday and her school doesn’t even release the score reports till early January! And now that I remember it we needed that access code to get online and it wasn’t available till the paper reports were distributed . . . ugh. It’ll be so much easier this year.