PSU (University Park) Class of 2019 Decision Thread

So I just want someone to make sure I am not crazy. Has anyone else seen anywhere that states Penn State will respond in 4-6 weeks after your application for those who apply after priority? OR did I just imagine that?

Accepted: computer engineering, University Park

Stats:
SAT: 1730
SAT IIs: none
GPA: 3.8 UW
Rank: school doesn’t rank
Other stats:

Subjective:
Essays: very good
Teacher Recs: probably good
Counselor Rec: ^^
Hook (if any): none

Location/Person: Los Angeles
State or Country: US citizen lives in Saudi Arabia
School Type: International
Ethnicity: Indian
Gender: male

@kdurham my status says that I will recieve an admission decision in 4-6 weeks

@iwantengineering Congratulations!! In how many days did you hear back?

@rbk2704 Thank you, i think it took 4-5 weeks

@iwantengineering did it take 4-5 weeks after you got this status’’ you will recieved your admission decision in 4-6 weeks’’ because I applied and all my credentials were recieved by jan 15th and I got this 4-6 week status only two days back. Any help would be nice

@ind1900 I applied on 29th dec and got that status on 26th jan and received admission on 18th feb

Did you apply as an international student? ^

Status updated to:
We are in the final stages of review and an admissions decision will be posted here in the coming days.

Applied Jan 20th

So @kdurham, if they remain true to recent history you’ll have your decision online in about 24 hours! Good luck!!

@brucemag First, Thank you! Second, OMG OMG OMG. I am so excited. I hope its good news. Will post whenever I get my decision

@KDurham‌ are you an international student?

@Elra60 Nope, Domestic OOS

My status just changed from:

We are in the final stages of review and an admissions decision will be posted here in the coming days.

to

Your application has been updated. Please check back here for updates.

What does this mean?

@jihpsu this is what my online admissions site said! They must have started to wait list agaib. Lucky me! Ahaha

We have completed our review of your application and we believe that you have the ability to meet the educational challenges at Penn State. As a result, we would like you to consider the following opportunity.

Given the high level of competition, we are not able to offer you admission to the University Park campus at this time. However, we have placed you on a wait list for admission to University Park. This will allow us to keep you under consideration for University Park admission if space becomes available. Our goal is to notify you as soon as we can about the possibility of your admission to University Park, but you will receive a final response from us no later than June 5.

If space does not become available for admission to University Park, we will contact you regarding an offer of admission to an alternate campus choice.

If you do not wish to remain on the wait list, we can immediately offer you admission to a campus other than University Park.

@Twinmom2014‌ hi! When did she appy and get wait listed? How long was she on the wait list? I’m very anxious about the whole thing! Thanks!

I remember she applied during Christmas break. She did it right here in my living room on this very computer…so I know it for a fact. She applied because my daughter applied. We all went to visit in January and by that time my daughter was accepted and her friend did not hear yet. I am really not sure how long she was on the wait-list…maybe a few weeks. She missed the boat. She would have easily gotten in if she applied earlier. All worked out. She would have never gotten such a generous financial aid package as she did with Syracuse.

Getting close to the 24 Hour Mark, so nervous

@kdurham good luck I hope you get in I still have the 4-6 week status so I hope i get in too in some time GOOD LUCK

@KR1997‌ Yes I was mistaken that they don’t wait list. Their official common data set says that they don’t waitlist so therein lies my confusion! But it does seem that they do waitlist. I know nothing about waitlisting…it seems like it would be hard to wait until June to make a decision. By that time I think you’d be in supplemental housing.
Are you at all interested in a branch campus?