Public Service Work Study Grants?

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>I'm currently a first-year Political Science major with a pre-law focus, and am very involved in my school's Mock Trial and pre-law fraternity. </p>

<p>I've always wanted to work for the Innocence Project, and that's still my goal after graduation. On their website, they have internships available, and there's a line that says
"We encourage using the internship to gain course credit and to seek “work-study” grants with your educational institution, if that is an option."
(The</a> Innocence Project - Development Intern)</p>

<p>I've heard about schools (UWashington, Harvard) using Federal Work Study money to sponsor students to work for non-profits during the summer term.
- Public</a> Service Workstudy Grant | CPIC | Center for Public Interest Careers at Harvard College
- Work</a> Study Grants</p>

<p>As of yet, my school doesn't have anything like this, but I'm hoping to draft a proposal that would sponsor my internship with the Innocence Project for the summer of 2011. </p>

<p>Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any other suggestions for offsetting the costs of an unpaid internship?</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the help.</p>