Hello! I am currently a rising senior interested in applying to more competitive Ivy League and top-tier schools. I plan to apply for the Questbridge National Match. However, I heard that the match is VERY competitive because the majority of applicants have similar academic stats and parental income levels. Based on the info provided below, would I have a chance to be matched if I decide not to submit any test scores aside from AP exams? Since I plan to only apply to Stanford and MIT if I am selected as a finalist, should I consider Early Action instead? What are the pros and cons of each option? Do you guys also have any advice for the application process?
- I have taken a total of 11 Pre-AP/honor courses and 18 AP courses throughout high school (including my senior classes for this upcoming school year).
- I am ranked 1 out of a class size of 428.
- I am involved in 10 extracurricular clubs/community programs, such as Science National Honor Society and the Chemistry Club, and have leadership positions in half of them.
- I recently created the Research Club as and have placed several times in science fair competitions and other contests associated with the field of science.
- My parents' income levels are quite low (below $65K).