Question about transferring

<p>I am a freshman in college, I want to transfer for fall 2012. I'm absolutely miserable where I am at right now.</p>

<p>I just completed my first semester. I currently have a 2.7 GPA, I was planning on getting at least a 3.0, but two of the grades were unexpected (C's) so that's why it's "low" (got A's and B's in the rest of my classes). How my schedule was set up was ridiculous and i'm not taking a lab next semester so it won't be as hectic.
I also had unexpected roommate issues, my first roommate had to drop out, so I got a second one and I had to prepare for that on literally the craziest week of the semester.
Since my schedule won't be as hectic, I plan for my second semester GPA to be a lot higher and to raise my current GPA to at least a 3.1</p>

<p>Anywho, I was just wondering when I should send my transcript in? I want to contact an academic advisor at the schools I'm applying to, because I would like for them to look at my cumulative GPA before making a decision. My high school GPA was WAY lower than the one I have now, and so I'm worried that they will look at this current GPA and go on ahead and deny me. I know it depends on your major and all, which all of them you have to have a 2.5 GPA or higher, but I feel like I won't get in with that.</p>

<p>So what should I do? I've sent in my applications. Should I wait until march to send these in? or what? I wanted to get y'alls opinions before I email the school(s) that I've applied to.</p>

<p>ALSO- for one of my applications, I put a major that I thought I would be interested in, but I'm not anymore. I don't know the general rule of thumb, but you can't change your major on your application after you have already turned it in right? What should I do about this? Should I tell the academic advisor this as well when I contact them?</p>

<p>You should send transcripts so that they make it to the schools by the deadlines. Some schools ask for mid-term grades, so they would see those.</p>

<p>Generally a major is not binding for a soph transfer, however I don't doubt that there are exceptions, so it really depends on the school.</p>

<p>The Deadlines are in may and August. So should I just tell them to consider my final transcripts before making a decision? I'm just afraid i'll be denied..</p>

<p>Thanks a lot for responding!!</p>