Quick Application Question

<p>I've been playing the flute for the last 3 years. I'm considering quitting this year. If I quit can I still write it on my application as an activity?</p>

<p>Well, if you said, "I played the flute for the last 3 years then I quit," the schools you're applying to will probably question your reasoning for quitting, and it may affect the outcome of your acceptance. If I were you, would either keep on playing, or quit and not mention it on my application. Good luck!</p>

<p>I kind of have a similar thing.
I played French Horn for five years, hen quit because there was too much pressure on me from sports and school work and not enough time for everything. Would it be worth starting again this year? except from that i would have nothing art/music related on my application</p>

<p>The Candidate Profile section of the applications will ask something along the lines of "how long have your pursued this activity and DO YOU PLAN TO CONTINUE AT OUR SCHOOL." If the answer to the question of continuance is "NO," then you have your answer. For music, I think you really need to be prepared to send a recording/video of yourself in order to benefit from the assertion of your experience level.</p>

<p>Also, there is a very entertaining thread about kids' interview stories. At least one of those cringe-worthy stories involves discussion of extra-curricular activities. It's worth a search.</p>