Racist, sexist, and.... politist?

<p>Racists are who descriminates other races.
Sexists are who descriminates their opposite sex.</p>

<p>If these two words exist, would descriminating other political idea be politist? Let's discuss.</p>

<p>how 'bout just calling them
JERKs</p>

<p>people hate eachother because they don't share the same political views
i'm sad :(</p>

<p>NorthWestLover, I think such a term should definitely be employed. </p>

<p>Jerks suffice. But probably PUNKS work better. And that is directed at those who don't really know much about politics but like to put Bush down simply because it's trendy to be anti authority.</p>

<p>I've also started using the term political fanatic to describe those that can't seem to stop talking/complaining/debating about politics and the recent election (not directed at anyone).</p>

<p>yeah, not like anybody here is like that...</p>

<p>I think this exists in both conservatives and liberals. When did liberal became some sort of discrimination word? Where did this equation "conservative = closed minded + christian" came from?</p>

<p>myway: I think so too. I think I'll use word "politist" now on.</p>

<p>Think about what happened to communists in America... hunted down, persecuted, crushed into the ground, civil liberties and freedoms tossed out.</p>

<p>Politicist sounds like a good idea, but the word itself doesn't really "click" or sound smooth. </p>

<p>Howabout some synonyms for 'a person's political beliefs' to make an improved terminology...
Tenets: tenetist?
Principles: Principlist?
Fundamental: Fundamentalist? ;p</p>

<p>Politicist is already the term for a political writer.</p>

<p>Zealot, egocentric, ethnocentric, pigheads, Republican, all same thing :).</p>

<p>John Kerry, loser, all the same thing :)</p>

<p>odysseus and uc_benz, they're all politist and they're all same things :)</p>

<p>"I think this exists in both conservatives and liberals. When did liberal became some sort of discrimination word? Where did this equation "conservative = closed minded + christian" came from?"</p>

<p>How did "liberal" become an insult? Ask the Republicans. How did the Republican party become associated with fundamentalist Christians? Ask those who voted for Reagan.</p>