[Random plea for attention and evaluation, I'm special!]

<p>Well I'm certain I'm of a different profile to most of you, anyway (no offense :))</p>

<p>Personal Info:
22 year old, Israeli.
Born in the USSR, repatriated in 1990.</p>

<p>Test Scores:
SAT I: 2080 (CR:760/M:720/W:600)
SAT II: Math I - 630, Physics - 600
TOEFL: 277</p>

<p>GPA: 3.4, but it's quite worthless to appreciate, since I come from a system where 4.0 students simply do not exist. But my accounting Prof. would insist on it being offered to review - convention of disclosure. :)</p>

<p>Essay: I think it's lovely. My mom concurs. :)</p>

<p>Recommendations: Amazing, including ones from my army CO, and current employer (Intel).</p>

<p>EC: Community work, Civil Guard, Tutoring and more - all with leadership positions/as founder. Nationally ranked Tennis player. Regional Chess Champion.</p>

<p>Other bits 'n' pieces:
- 3 years in the Israeli Defence Forces as a commander and a drill sergeant (I assume that removes leadership doubts?)
- I'm currently a Freshman in an Israeli University
- Working since the age of 15, and am in quite a senior position at Intel (Assistant Dept. Head)
- Need $$$</p>

<p>My list of colleges is too obvious to list, since it all comes down to the previous line of this post.</p>

<p>Which colleges/unis won't burn my application?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I already like you because you say concur =).</p>

<p>I concur with great concurrance that you have a shot at any school you apply to. I love chess!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>wow, u have a 1480 SAT and a 600 writing, how did u do so poorly on that?</p>

<p>The writing section is funky. My friend got a 560 reading and 740 writing.....</p>

<p>I was compelled to comment on my writing in the original post - I have no idea how I managed to do so poorly, perhaps it had something to do with the fact I didn't expect it to be the first section, but since then I've succesfully blacked out on the SAT II's, so I'm not bothered by it too much - **** happens in tests every now and then. Besides, it's a new section - maybe they'll be kind enough to ignore it at some institutions. :)</p>

<p>MIT does, and it is a great school</p>

<p>I'm afraid my atrocious SAT IIs will make that application fee a complete write off.</p>

<p>Math I - 630, Physics - 600</p>

<p>you could retake it.</p>

<p>Possibly, if I lived a different life.</p>

<p>On the 15th of January I have to fly to NYC for a presentation I have to prepare until then (and I'm swamped with work)
On the 31st of January I have my first Fall Semester Exam at my current Uni, with the last of the seven coming in the 21st of February (and I'm not on good terms with some of the Macro-Economics stuff)
On the 24th of February I have a month in uniform - reserve service.</p>

<p>Life gets a bit hectic when you're old ;)</p>

<p>Enjoy being in your teens!</p>

<p>Mine is hectic already =/. I average about 5 hrs of sleep daily with all the stuff I have to do.</p>

<p>when u say 'regional chess champ' what kind of region ru talking about? city? county? state?</p>

<p>county (population of roughly 750,000).</p>

<p>and bumpitty bump etc.</p>

<p>The 600 writing will not hurt you. You weren't born in an English speaking country nor are you living in one now. I'm surprised to see you have such low SAT II scores for an Israeli. Maybe take those classes at your current University and reapply next year? </p>

<p>Also keep in mind that if American universities know that you're currently enrolled in some other college they will look at you like a transfer student and you'll have a much harder time. </p>

<p>Why are you going from Israel to the US to study? I wanted to do it the other way around. Oh well. Good luck.</p>

<p>"I'm surprised to see you have such low SAT II scores for an Israeli."</p>

<p>Any High-School student here would out-score me, to be honest. It was very difficult to return to this material having learned it over 4 years prior to sitting the exams and it shows. I thought about adding that in the "additional information" field in the applications, but I think that would make me look stupid - those tests are easy and I should have studied for them. No joy without alloy - you get what you give.</p>

<p>"Also keep in mind that if American universities know that you're currently enrolled in some other college they will look at you like a transfer student and you'll have a much harder time."</p>

<p>I have no intention on continuing my current study direction in the USA and I pointed that out in my application. As far as I'm concerned, the courses I'm taking are just random electives that will save me a few credits if and when I get to the USA. As a frosh you can't possibly have enough credits to be considered a transfer student, AFAIK.</p>

<p>"That and your control of English is suprisingly good. But I just noticed you said "repatriated in 1990" so does that mean you're not in Israel now?"</p>

<p>The move from Ukraine to Israel is the repatriation I was refering to.</p>

<p>"Why are you going from Israel to the US to study? I wanted to do it the other way around. Oh well. Good luck."</p>

<p>Because I want to get out of here, to be honest. Israel is a wonderful country, but I see my future elsewhere. If you want to know anything about Israel and it's Uneversities (at this point I must stress that they are excellent and are not the reason for me wanting to leave) - feel free to PM. A semester here is an exceptional Study Abroad experience that I can't recommend enough.</p>

<p>And thanks! :)</p>

<p><<the writing="" section="" is="" funky.="" my="" friend="" got="" a="" 560="" reading="" and="" 740="">></the></p>

<p>The ability to write and the ability to read are two completely different things that don't always go hand in hand, but I agree that the writing section is a little weird. I know a girl who got a 12 on the essay, but only a 600 total. There's something off about that.</p>