Range of schools I can get into?

<p>Hi everyone, I'm a junior right now in a fairly competitive high school in New York (I know at least a couple go to ivy league each year) I've begun realize that my scores (especially GPA) are weak and am gettin nervous about looking at colleges. I have a really strong interest in business and I have traded both stocks and options seriously in an account set up by my father before. I understand economics and finance very well, but of course colleges would look at my scores at throw and probably throw my application away.</p>

<p>If anyone could give me a range of the best business schools I can get into as of now, that'd be great.</p>

<p>GPA 3.6
Didn't take SAT yet, after taking my PSAT's my counselor said my equivilant for the SAT would have been about 1300-1450.</p>

<p>Freshmen year:
Honors Math A/B
Honors Earth Science
Honors Global I
Honors English 9
French
CIM (Engineering course)
DDP (Engineering)</p>

<p>Sophmore:
Math accelerated B/IV (Honors course)
Honors Biology
AP World History
Honors English 10
Honors French</p>

<p>Junior:
AP Calculus BC
AP Statistics
AP US History
AP Language and Composition
Honors Chemistry
Principles of Engineering
Leadership Seminar (special elective course where a teacher must recommend you)</p>

<p>As for senior year, I have already been recommended to take:
Calculus III (only math course left)
AP Government
AP Economics
AP Literature
AP Chemistry
AP Physics
Engineering Design and Development
Marketing and Consumer Behavior
Introduction to Business Management
College Accounting I and II (course still pending school board approval)</p>

<p>I'm extremely weak in EC:
Held job at remodeling company over summer and part of school year (will probably get another job this summer)
Math League for one year
Helped coordinate efforts to promote nonviolence in city school district with leadership class
Held picnic for senior citizens and sufferers from Alzheimer's at local retirement home
Organized baseball game for underappretiated neighborhood children.</p>

<p>So all in all, my grades are rather weak - mostly due to not enough effort put in. I think teachers will write about me being a humorous and enthusiastic person in my recommendation letters, so that could help. I'm just wondering what kind of business school I can get into now. I'm pretty sure that even if I get 1600 on my SAT, Texas A&M, Virginia, North Carolina, and NYU/Michigan (dream schools) would still be too far of a reach. This is really bugging me because everyone keeps telling me that If I'm going to major in business, companies REALLY look at where you went to college - and I don't want to end up in some mediocre school.</p>

<p>can anyone list match/slight reach/reach's for me please?</p>

<p>There is a difference between 1300 and 1450. A 1450 can get you into top Business schools like Michigan, Cal, NYU, UVA, UNC and UTA. Even schools like MIT and Wharton could be within your reach. A 1300 would still get you into excellent Business schools like Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio State and Purdue, but the schools mentioned above could well be beyond your reach.</p>

<p>You could likely get a full ride to Indiana. They have a top 11 business program through the Kelley school of business. The Wells Scholars Program and the Kelley Scholars program you will likely qualify for if your scores are good enough. Check those out.</p>

<p>I think you could get into Michigan provided you have many A-'s in your GPA, rather than B+'s. UNC, Berkeley, and UVA are very tough for OOS. Same with UTA. NYU you are in-state, but it won't matter since it's a private. There are only 10 schools better than Indiana for business, remember that. And you will get a full ride there.</p>

<p>Honestly you think I could get into Indiana? I mean a 3.6 isn't even NHS... I would be extremely happy if I could get into Kelley. How do they treat OOS'ers?</p>

<p>Is your 3.6 weighed or unweighed?</p>

<p>I think it might be weighed - I'm not sure because I remember last time I saw my transcript my letter grade average was like B+ ish and I think 3.6 is a little less than A-</p>

<p>ctu - Indiana automatically admits students directly into the business school if they have a 3.5 GPA and a 1280 SAT. You won't have to worry about applying to the B-school after sophomore year. They have lots of money to OOSers in IU Faculty awards. I had a 3.6 and a 29 ACT (1280 SAT) and got 6K per year. If you have a 1300 or higher, there is tons of money for you in the Wells Scholars and Kelley Scholars program. I also think you will get into the honors college, meaning more money. A 3.6 is not a bad GPA. It won't get you into ivy league likely, but it's not like you are a bad student.</p>

<p>Make sure you apply there. It's a safety school for you where you have the potential for a full ride. Apply early. Try to get stuff in early for the Wells Scholars program.</p>

<p>What other business schools are about Indiana level? I've heard illinois, wisconson, minnesota, purdue, penn state, etc.. What about private schools, I'd rather go to a private one but all the private ones seem to be too far of a reach.</p>

<p>TOP BUSINESS SCHOOLS</p>

<ol>
<li>University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) 4.8</li>
<li>Massachusetts Inst. of Technology (Sloan) 4.6</li>
<li>University of California–Berkeley (Haas) * 4.5
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor * 4.5</li>
<li>Carnegie Mellon University (PA) 4.2
New York University (Stern) 4.2
U. of North Carolina–Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler) * 4.2
University of Texas–Austin (McCombs) * 4.2</li>
<li>Univ. of Southern California (Marshall) 4.1
University of Virginia (McIntire) * 4.1
11. Indiana University–Bloomington (Kelley) * 4.0</li>
<li>Cornell University (NY) 3.9
Purdue Univ.–West Lafayette (Krannert) (IN)* 3.9
U. of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign * 3.9
Univ. of Minnesota–Twin Cities (Carlson) * 3.9
Univ. of Wisconsin–Madison * 3.9
Washington University in St. Louis (Olin) 3.9</li>
<li>Emory University (Goizueta) (GA) 3.8
Ohio State University–Columbus (Fisher) * 3.8
Pennsylvania State U.–University Park (Smeal) * 3.8
University of Arizona (Eller) * 3.8</li>
<li>Michigan State University (Broad) * 3.7
Univ. of Maryland–College Park (Smith) * 3.7
University of Notre Dame (IN) 3.7
University of Washington 3.7</li>
</ol>

<p>As you can see, there aren't many schools you have a decent chance at that have business better than Indiana. </p>

<p>I'd say that the Kelley school is better than Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota (Carlson), Purdue (Krannert), and Penn State (Smeal).</p>

<p>please help me. i really need to know. REALLY need to know. well thank you.</p>

<p>If you have a 3.5 GPA and a 25 ACT / 1150 SAT, you will pretty much get you in.</p>