Bowling green state university
predicted 3.5 - 4.0 GPA
member of 4 clubs
Philosophy major
rather good reason for wanting to transfer</p>

<p>Some schools I'm considering:
Case Western
American
Evergreen State College (I don't think they offer philosophy as a major, so that would definitely be a problem.)</p>

<p>bump bump bump</p>

<p>You have to be more precise regarding your predicted GPA.
3.5 and a 4.0 is a HUGE difference, and for many qualified people, it's a difference between getting into their first choice school or not getting into any of the applied schools.</p>

<p>If you like LAC Ohio has quite a few to offer- Wooster, Denison, Ohio Wesleyan, Hiram.
Wisconsin has Lawrence and Beloit. IL has Knox, Augustana, Lake Forest, Illinois Wesleyan.
Marquette University in WI has all your requirements I believe.</p>

<p>"You have to be more precise regarding your predicted GPA.
3.5 and a 4.0 is a HUGE difference, and for many qualified people, it's a difference between getting into their first choice school or not getting into any of the applied schools."</p>

<p>I'm only in 4 classes (well five but one's p/f) 2 I know for a fact I'll get an A in no question. 1 I think I'll get an A in but I might get a B. And the last I think I'll probably get a B but I could pull off an A. So I guess a better estimate would be 3.5-3.75.</p>

<p>I condsidered Marquette (along with DePaul) as a freshmen, but I was a bit weary. One of my main concerns is that it's a christian school, and I'm an atheist. Are Marquette students accepting of Atheists? Is there a lot of pressure on the students to lead a 'christian' lifestyle?</p>

<p>Notre Dame, Boston College, Georgetown U are good...
just kidding.</p>

<p>Drew:
If you are concerned about a religious atmosphere, why would you look at a Catholic college? Marquette is a Jesuit school, and while not known for forcing religion down anybody's throat, they are, unapologetically, Catholic. No doubt there is a religion class requirement of some sort too.</p>

<p>Chances are that non-religious schools may not necesarily have an outspoken group of atheists -- more likely you just won't hear much about religion one way or the other. (Sort of like politics - say what you want but, sadly, most kids are really very apathetic.)</p>

<p>I don't know how your finances look, and I don't know what scholarships are available to transfer students, but the Ohio LAC from lindalana ^ list is good. My son attends Denison and is very happy there. I have no idea about the Libertarian group though. Here's my scoop on Denison:</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=159719%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=159719&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>"Chances are that non-religious schools may not necesarily have an outspoken group of atheists -- more likely you just won't hear much about religion one way or the other. (Sort of like politics - say what you want but, sadly, most kids are really very apathetic.)"</p>

<p>I have no problem being around christians (or anyone for that matter) My main concern would be others not accepting my views or people trying to push their beliefs on me. I have already experienced both, here at my state university.</p>

<p>bump bump bump</p>

<p>If you are comfortable with yourself and your beliefs, then why should you let Pro Christians persuade or infuriate you? In my opinion, it is detrimental to your character and growth when you only surround yourself with people that think like you, especially during your formative college years.</p>