recipe needed: peach cobbler topping

<p>Hi parents!</p>

<p>Over Spring Break, my aunt gave me a vacuum-sealed bag of peaches that are ready to be made into cobbler. I'm ready to make them tonight for a nice dinner I'm making for a sick friend and myself (we're having a dinner/move night =)). We're also having tri-tip and cheesy potatoes. My uncle and aunt always send me home with the best leftovers :D</p>

<p>What I need is a recipe to use for the topping. Does anyone have any good ones? </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>I love peach cobbler. I think this is the recipe I used last time I made it: Easy</a> Peach Cobbler Recipe - MyRecipes.com</p>

<p>There are 2 or 3 different types of cobbler toppings - pastry, cake-like and biscuit-like. Which do you prefer? I'm a pastry girl all the way, so just unrolling a pie crust (from scratch is best, but I have been known to do pre-made) over the filling is good at our house. Brush with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Yummy! For a deeper cobbler, I cut one crust to the size of the dish and pre-bake it to flaky goodness, then sandwich it half-way through the fruit and top with a raw crust.</p>

<p>That recipe is pretty darn close to what I do... only thing I would add is that nutmeg and cinnamon are not optional - put in some of both - perhaps 1/2 tsp Cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg... some all spice and/or cloves would also be good - if you add those use perhaps a 1/4 tsp of each and cut the cinnamon and nutmeg in half</p>

<p>dgraonmom-I've actually never made peach cobbler before, so I don't really know. :) I'll try the recipe kathiep linked to. Thank you all!</p>

<p>Oatmeal, brown sugar, and butter, kind of mashed together and then sprinkled on top.</p>

<p>dmd - That sounds like a crisp, not a cobbler. I love both!</p>

<p>kathiep: of course it's a crisp ;) I guess I think of cobblers and crisps as the same thing, when they're not, really.</p>

<p>The easiest cobbler topping used to be on the Bisquick box! Is it still there?</p>

<p>Grace...let us know how it comes out...yum.</p>

<p>Bisquick is my fave too.</p>

<p>Cooks.com</a> - Recipe - Texas Tumbleweed Peach Cobbler</p>

<p>This one is delicious--one of the best!</p>

<p>Kathiep, thanks for posting the link for the Peach Cobbler. I thought it was fantastic!</p>