Recommendations from academic subjects?

<p>In terms of colleges wanting recommendations from academic subjects... would a recommendation from a justice and law class count as academic?</p>

<p>And also, does anyone know which colleges only want academic subject recommendations? I know Princeton only wants those, but anyone else? Especially the Ivies, are there any others who want ONLY from academic subjects?</p>

<p>I would consider Justice and Law as like a social studies class, so yes, I would say it's academic. You probably, regardless of the colleges you are applying to, would want to stick to academic subjects. Getting a recommendation from a PE teacher when thousands of applicants are getting recs from History and English and other teachers would likely not work in your favor.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks. I was never planning on getting a recommendation from a gym teacher or anything. I was sure what Justice and Law would fall under since at Princeton, they said it wouldn't count. So... needless to say, I felt like I should find out what other colleges thought about it.</p>

<p>Chicago asks for English/social studies and math/science if my memory serves me.</p>