Recording from tivo to a dvd?

<p>Is there a way to do this legitimately? What equipment would I need? I already have the tivo equipment, but don't know what else I would need to be able to record from the tivo onto a dvd.</p>

<p>If your TiVo is connected to your home network, you can use a program like TiVo To Go to transfer files from the TiVo to your computer, then a program like Roxio Toast to burn it to DVD. There are a few programs that will work, but they need to be TiVo specific as the file type is unique to TiVo.</p>

<p>Yes, it can be done. I have a DVD burner which is attached to my DVR. I simply begin playing whatever it is I wish to burn to DVD and hit 'record' at the same time. It burns in 'real time' (a 2 hour show takes 2 hours to burn), but it's awesome. The illegal part only comes in to play if you are now going to sell those DVDs. But for your own enjoyment...enjoy. I've had mine for just under 4 years now, and love it. I save certain shows on DVD for when my D comes home (without cluttering the DVR).</p>

<p>I do the same as "just"aMom. It is easy. Just like when you used to tape a show. For those of us who have been around long enough to remember that.</p>

<p>I like burning tivo to DVD with Windows DVD Maker. I use Pavtube Video Converter for coverting TiVo to MPEG. It works very well and I haven't really had any problems. Conversion speed seems fine and the videos look good on DVD Maker. I saw Pavtube mentioned in the TiVo forums as a good way to convert for the iPad so I decided to try it. It's much better than TiVo's converter.
How</a> to copy TiVo shows to a DVD on Windows 7?</p>