Recs

<p>Does Dartmouth require that teacher recs be from 11 or 12 grade? or any specific grade? I can't find this info anywhere else</p>

<p>Nope, has to be from high school though. 11th and 12th grade are better than 9th and 10th. Also, try to get teachers in different subjects.</p>

<p>It is in your best interest to get recs from your Junior year/ senior year (I know that senior year can be a problem if you had a teacher that you have never had before and really does not know you.). In addition try to get english and math or science rec.</p>

<p>I think it's best to get 11th or 12th grade. I personally got my 10th grade European History AP teacher to do one for me, because I felt that he knew me well enough, we've had contact since then, and I really got a lot out of his class. I had him and my senior year Government AP teacher do one.</p>

<p>You have 2 histories, I think you should have branched out and gotten a science or math recommendation. If you are applying as a prospective History major, then this would be good.</p>

<p>Yeah, I know. But I'm more than likely going to major in Government, and studying history is important to me. I'm not a science or math person, and I tend to get more involved with my social sciences and English teachers. So I thought I'd get a better rec out of them.</p>