Region 99 Blues

<p>Hello! I'm currently a rising senior at my high school. Thankfully, I have found a college that I think is a perfect fit for me - Illinois Wesleyan University. Trouble is, I'm having problems picking a program! As you might have guessed from the title, I received the dreaded Region 99 result on the World of Work map on my ACTs. IWU just has so many great programs, especially their study abroad opportunities. Years ago, I wanted to be a civil engineer. After Chem I, that shifted to ChemE. Then it was ChemEd. For the past few months or so, I've really zoomed into pharmacy, but now i'm not sure if I even want a career in chemistry. If anything, I know I would love to be a high school chemistry teacher (which my parents aren't fans of). I just don't know at all what to do, but here's what i'm going between:</p>

<p>Chemistry Major/Biochem Minor/Possible Spanish Minor
-I considered this first. I would graduate with intent to go onto professional studies in pharmacy.</p>

<p>Chemistry Major with concentration in Secondary Education
-I enjoy working with people. I've been helping a lot of my friends out in chemistry and they all say that I'm a really good teacher. I had considered teaching beforehand, but I pushed it to the back of my mind. Now, I'm reconsidering.</p>

<p>International Business Major (Possible Minors: International Studies [Western Europe Concentration], Spanish, French. I would have the capacity for two minors if I took GenEds at a community college.)
-This is the real wild card. I've always excelled in the social sciences. I did a self-study of AP Comparative Gov't this year, and I thought it was (<em>gasp</em>) really interesting! After that, I have really started to think that I would enjoy a social sciences major more than a "hard science" major. This year, I will be in my fourth year of spanish in high school. I will also be taking introductory french. If I did this in college I would like to take courses in Spanish, French, and German. Not necessarily minor, just obtain basic knowledge. IWU also has AWESOME study abroad programs. The one that interests me most involves spending a semester in Barcelona!!! There are also European Union trips and England trips!</p>

<p>Basically, I just don't know what to do. I'm not really sure of the job opportunities in IB as much as I am in Chem/ChemEd. Also, my parents aren't too hot on anything other than Chem. I don't know how they'll feel about me doing something else... especially something I "haven't been interested in before."</p>

<p>You don't have to know now. Explore your interests in your first couple years of college before picking a major.</p>

<p>Sorry for the double post, but I think someone will ask things along these lines:</p>

<p>AP Comp Gov't - 5
AP Human Geo - 4
AP Chemistry - 3</p>

<p>ACT - 32 (E-34, M-31, R-32, S-35)</p>

<p>I plan on continuing music in college (percussion).</p>

<p>I also plan on getting involved in intramurals and student organizations.</p>

<p>I've been involved in clubs high school (Thespians, Spanish, NHS, HSHS, Music, Scholastic Bowl, Rotary, Cross Country, Yearbook)</p>