rejected from 2 colleges

<p>should i give up hope?</p>

<p>No, especially if they weren't your safeties.</p>

<p>and my parents keep forcin me to choose schools that i know i dont have a shot to get into..........sighs</p>

<p>What were they? What other schools did you apply to? What's your GPA and SAT scores? Relax, you'll get into at least one.</p>

<p>My gps is a 3.2-40</p>

<p>I dont slack in school but standardize tests are a headache for me. I got a really low 1220 and i know i need to do better but like i said i am terrible at standardize tests.</p>

<p>3.2-40? Do you mean 3.2 to 4.0? That's realllllllly vague.</p>

<p>its on a 4.0 scale, i thought a 3.2 was decent</p>

<p>What schools were they? If they were your safeties, then you should worry. If not, it doesn't matter too much as long as you get in somewhere, right?</p>

<p>rutgers and njit</p>

<p>are you from NJ?</p>

<p>yes those were my top 2</p>

<p>is the 1220 out of 1600 or 2400?</p>


<p>where else did you apply?</p>

<p>also your gpa is fine, but your sats are pretty bad, you should be able to get into some places but if you didn't apply to any of them then that would be a problem. If you don't get in anywhere, you could always go to community college for two years and transfer to a pretty decent school. </p>

<p>If your sats matched your gpa(I'd say around an 1800 is similar to a 3.2/4) you would be in good shape so you could study a ton for the sats and retake them, and apply again to schools next year. or look into schools that don't require the sat and apply to them next year.</p>

<p>Don't be disappointed as long as they were your reach schools. But YIKES!!! The sat does not match the GPA at all. Best of luck though!!!</p>

<p>prism123's suggestion of going to community college and transferring to rutgers/tcnj/njit (will show as 4 years of that college instead) is a decent idea. </p>

<p>otherwise, you might want to look at some other colleges with later decision dates. that SAT score needs to go up. it's not difficult to get a better score if you bunk down and study the format and content for at least a couple weeks.</p>

<p>i didnt apply to anymore but this week i will since some school deadlines are in april and may</p>

<p>you could save a lot of money going to community college and transferring. its a popular option around here.</p>

<p>no offense, but your thread title is not the most compelling.</p>

<p>I agree with community college idea. </p>

<p>But, if that's out of the questions and you'll head out west, check University of AZ and AZ State-both still accepting apps I think.
You can also check this link for CA publics in the CSU system that are still accepting apps. With a 3.0, you don't need a qualifying SAT score. </p>

<p>[url=<a href=""&gt;]CSUMentor[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>Good luck and think about community college.</p>

<p>i feel like a dumbass applying to a CC. my parents is against the idea too -_-</p>