Rejected from direct program but still admission?

<p>I am wondering if it is still possible to be admitted to the undergraduate school in a particular University if you are rejected by the Direct Med or Bs/MD direct program, etc.
I am wondering particularly about Northwestern HPME and Brown PLME.</p>

<p>And also, if you take a direct med route in HPME or PLME, can you do the MD/PhD program in the med school?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Yes,you can be admitted to the undergraduate but rejected by HPME or PLME.
PLME BROWN does NOT have MD/PHD program. for HPME, you have to apply MD/PHD like other NON-HPME students.</p>

<p>Thank you very much. In response to your statement that PLME Brown does NOT have Md/phd program, I just found this quote off of the Brown PLME website after doing some searching.</p>

<p>"The goal of the PLME is enrichment, not acceleration. PLME students complete their program of studies in eight years (though some decide to extend their education through the PLME Flex Plan, by pursuing a master's degree, through the MD-PhD program, or through other individual pursuits). "</p>

<p>Doesn't this imply that there IS in fact a MD-PHD program through PLME?</p>

<p>[url=<a href=""&gt;]MD/PhD[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>In other words, it sounds like pretty much the same sort of thing HPME folks have to do.</p>

<p>Ah, so PLME DOES have an MD/PhD program. Got it.
Thank you to both of your responses!</p>

<p>MSTP(Medical Scientist Training Program) is funded by NIH, you can it find from following:
Medical</a> Scientist Training Program (MSTP) Institutions - National Institute of General Medical Sciences
BROWN is NOT one of them.
NIH will pay all MSTP students tuition and allowance(2k - 2.5k/month) for 8(7) years.<br>
Brown have their own MD/PHD, but not funded by government. You have to pay first 2 years by yourself.</p>