Rejected from UCLA...again!

<p>Whoa, so I walk back from my last midterm today and log onto UCLA's admissions decisions page. Then I found myself in a time warp as it had felt like it was once again 2003 and I was a senior in high school. The only difference being, that this time UCLA was a goal school, and I was applying because I wanted to go there not because everyone applied there.</p>

<p>Well, I would like to rationalize and say that Design|Media Arts is a competitive major, but maybe I am just not really cut out for it. </p>

<p>Actually, I think I getting rejected from UCLA was maybe a blessing in disguise because I wanted to go there for all the wrong reasons. I mean, honestly, most of the reasons were completely superficial! I mean, everyone knows it's a prestigious school, but I just wanted to go because of the location. But who am I kidding, I'm from Pasadena, if I really wanted that location I could just drive myself the half-hour it takes to get over to Westwood every Friday. </p>

<p>Haha, I sound so bitter, but I am not. Deja vu is just a funny feeling.</p>

<p>I did receive admission to Cal Poly Pomona as a graphic design major. And I think this rejection just fueled my partiality to the school. My ultimate goal is to teach graphic design or art in a high school and do some freelance work on the side. Cal Poly Pomona is not a bad school at all, and although being an atmospheric person, I am not too moved by the school. They're just buildings! And it's the education that matters, not the appearance. And the fact that Cal State schools are practical and have great teaching credential programs, is just extra. </p>

<p>I have not heard from the other UC's. However, many of my friends have already heard from UCSB (ALMOST A MONTH AGO!), so I am not too confident on that. It feels like the longer you need to wait, the lower chances are...I'm probably wrong on that...</p>

<p>Oh and I am currently attending UCR. It's a fine school, but I feel as if it just isn't the place for me. I can see the school expanding and becoming beautiful in the years to come, and I especially recommend this school if you are looking for DIVERSITY, after all, we are the most diverse UC campus. But yes, many adults have told me that the mere fact that I go to a UC is somewhat of a strike against me because they believe that if you are already receiving a UC education, you should be fine at your current campus.</p>

<p>Of course, there are so many cases that refute that, but I know all of the students who have succcessfully transferred from a UC to another UC, worked their buns off. </p>

<p>Well, that's my contribution for the day. If any of you have questions about UCR, I would love to use what limited information I have to help you. lol.</p>

<p>sorry to hear that:( </p>

<p>I have to agree with some others, tho, that this type of thread belongs in the "rejected from UCLA" thread that has already been started. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, we can't all post up our stories in our own threads, or this would be a very flooded forum. </p>

<p>That said, sorry to didn't get UCLA. :(
-A</p>

<p>i'm sorry, cwang001. are you considering other schools...SD pro'ly? what was your gpa, if may ask? you can appeal if need be.</p>

<p>Oh sorry! This is first post here, so I didn't notice that thread. Can I somehow move this thread into that post?</p>

<p>I had a 3.2, which I know is ridiculous hope (knowing the statistics) but considering my major's minimum was 3.0, and hoping that my portfolio would be pleasing, I thought I had a chance.</p>

<p>those minimums mean nothing. There are some 4.0s who got rejected by UCLA.</p>