Rejected transfer

<p>I go to Umass and did not put a housing deposit down because I am an idiot and thought I was going to get into Northeastern CBA... I am not sure were I'm living but that's a different story.</p>

<p>I am going into my sophmore year with a 3.4 GPA, first semester was a 3.8 but I got a D in calculus. Should I retake calc over the summer? will my summer grade replace the D? I still want to try to transfer, most likely just going to apply to the college of arts and science of wherever I apply.</p>

<p>Also, I want to try to leave after the fall semester, will it be harder applying for spring?</p>

<p>any input would help... i'm pretty screwed now</p>

<p>What is your major? It's probably not a bad idea to retake calculus to show colleges that you can handle the material. Colleges will most likely see both attempts on your transcript. In general, credits, but not grades, transfer to your new school. </p>

<p>The tricky thing about spring transfers is that not all school have offer spring admissions. If the schools you are interested in do have spring admissions, then go for it. </p>

<p>Have you considered taking a leave of absence? It could possibly help the housing situation. If you are really unhappy where you are, a community college is perhaps a good option.</p>