Reporting Corrections to CSS/FAFSA

<p>I just recently submitted the CSS and the FAFSA with accurate 2007 figures (Our accountant did the numbers for 2007, but did not file them yet.) Once they are filed, do I have to change the CSS and FAFSA to "taxes filed" vs "will file"? Then do I need to send the correction to all the schools? Or do they use the 2007 tax returns to verify your financial aid award? Thanks!</p>

<p>I would like to know too.</p>

<p>If the numbers provided on the CSS/FAFSA are the same as what the actual numbers were after filing, you do not need to do anything. Colleges will verify the numbers using the copies of the tax returns you send them, now or after award.</p>

<p>ahhh. thank you!</p>

<p>The FAFSA folks told me on the phone to go back and correct the "will file" to "completed" even if numbers were accurate, so that the colleges know for sure that the figures are not estimates. It is true that the tax returns will confirm the numbers, but I would think it would be quicker and easier for all involved to know, first, that the figures on your FAFSA (and/or CSS) are not estimates, but accurate and documentable. So, it's not absolutely essential, but not a bad thing to go back in and do that one correction, for the FAFSA at least.</p>

<p>tphssenior....but what if you arent selected for verification...than there is no need to send your tax forms to the colelges...or is there?</p>

<p>Come colleges require that you send the tax returns directly to their financial aid office. Check the financial aid office's web site or email them to see if that is required.</p>