Rescind Application?

<p>I understand that if I get a grade lower than 3.0 UW then my acceptance could be rescinded but if my school only grades with the weighted scale and does not give an unweighted GPA would it still matter?? On our transcripts there's only weighted GPA?</p>

<p>Summation of letter grade times grade value times units, that sum divided by total units. Easy for a computer to calculate when the grades are typed in. </p>

<p>The transcripts are checked for a few things. Did the student take every class that they listed on their application? Any D or F grades? Is the UW GPA for each semester at or above 3.0? </p>

<p>If there is a question, there are three ways you can proceed:</p>

<p>1) contact Cal, inform them of the issue, see if there is a plan you can work out to address it. Involves having a reasonable explanation, not just senioritis, for the low average. May involve commitment to taking and passing a CC class, for example.</p>

<p>2) Stay quiet and hope that they either don't notice or don't care about the GPA dip.</p>

<p>3) Do whatever it takes to pull up one grade to get the UW up to the minimum. Agree to extra projects with the teacher, clean the school grounds, help the poor in the area - something to make sure the GPA hits minimum. </p>

<p>We have all heard of freshmen who are contacted weeks into their first semester and asked to leave. The bureaucracy can be slow, but who wants to head home and have to find a plan B when the school year is already underway.</p>

<p>Option 3 is the best. Just get it done. Cram, bargain, whatever. Option 1 is next best, assuming your case makes sense and you have a compensation to offer.</p>