Research Paper - How prestigious of a journal should it be?

Hi there!

I recently wrote a research paper in computational biology and sent it to a journal for publishing. I received a reply back fairly quickly saying that my paper had been accepted. I don’t mean to undermine my own research, but it feels too easy. This is my first time publishing and I got accepted within a day? I looked up the journal and I couldn’t find much, except for the information included on the website. I am probably going to submit the article since I don’t want my research to go to waste. However, would you suggest trying other journals? How prestigious does the journal need to be to have an impact on my college applications, or is publishing a paper a significant achievement, regardless of the journal’s prestige?

Thanks in advance for the help!

What is the top ten scientific journals in the world, and how quality is evaluated? this is an article that has the most prestigious scientific journals to get published and check out this list of excellent publications (some online and some in print) that will accept and publish good writing regardless of the writer’s age!

• The Adroit Journal. …
  • Alexandria Quarterly. …
  • AGNI. …
  • Cicada. …
  • The Claremont Review. …
  • Ember. …
  • The Louisville Review. …
  • Polyphony Lit.