Residential College for Pre-Med?

<p>When I heard about the residential college at U of M, I was really excited. U of M is a bit too big for me but I loved the idea of smaller class sizes and a tight-knit community. However, I want to become a neurologist and was planning on majoring in neurology. I saw that there were only a few possible concentrations available, none of which are science-y at all. Is RC possible for those who want to go into medicine?</p>

<p>You don't have to have an RC Concentration to be an RC student. The main thing that's required with the RC is the language requirement. If you're not big on that, check out other communities like MCSP (they're about community service and really tight-knit; I think it's only a 1-credit class that you have to take for that) or HSSP (this is specifically for students in the health sciences). If you're female there's also WISE (for women studying engineering and the sciences). Just shop around, and good luck!</p>

<p>You can have any LSA major and be in the RC. True that the language requirement is intensive, but the RC is really wonderful.</p>

<p>By the way, one of the RC professors (Jeff Evans) has a neuro-psychology background and teaches one of the first year writing seminars in the RC..."The Science of Creativity".</p>