Responsibility with Purchase of Stocks?

<p>What taxes, payments, and/or paperwork are required yearly(or every so often)when a person buys stock?
-I would like to buy stock, but am not sure about how much tax and responsibility there would be.
--I would most likely buy through an online broker.</p>

<p>No one should advise you on this forum. You should talk to a tax professional or investment adviser. Generally it’s the IRS Form 1099-Div. But what your obligation will be depends on your situation . I wouldn’t take the specific advice of anyone who doesn’t have an intimate understanding of your finances like an accountant or an investment adviser would. It’s not complicated though.</p>

<p>If you’re going to trade on your own then you need to learn to go to the IRS site and read. Don’t forget your state revenue site and local tax.</p>

<p>I’m an investment adviser representative. The company I own is a registered investment adviser.</p>