Restaurant Interview?

<p>My D has a restaurant interview at Panera Bread. What should she order? Would it be okay to just order a drink and nothing else?</p>

<p>Do you mean she is being interviewed for a job and they are holding the interview at Panera or she is potentially going to be working at Panera?</p>

<p>Either way, if the plan is to eat something, eat something not messy, maybe a bowl of soup?</p>

<p>Often times interviewers just choose easy sit down places like Panera because they're simple. I wouldn't really call it a "restaurant" in that you're allowed to sit there for a casual meeting and order just drinks. It's more like a coffee shop.
From my past interviews, I would suggest just a drink (I usually just get a bottle of water) because otherwise you'll end up not eating anything cause you'll be talking. Plus, you don't want those awkward pauses where the interviewer is waiting for you to swallow. And food in your teeth is also annoying! So stick to Just a drink or something super simple!</p>

<p>What time is the interview?</p>

<p>I agree - just a drink of water, coffee or tea. I've seen lots of business meetings, interviews and people working there for a few hours with the free WiFi so it's not unusual but food can have effects that don't make for the best interviews.</p>

<p>I think Panera is the equivalent of Starbucks in this type of situation. I think having just a drink is absolutely fine.</p>

<p>Agree, she can grab a coffee or whatever is her drink of choice. It's possible the interviewer will offer to get her something. I wouldn't order food for the reasons above regarding talking and eating simultaneously.</p>

<p>If the person conducting the interview is eating, she should as well. The person conducting the interview is checking to see if you talk with your mouth full-silly as it seems, especially if this is a job where you may be eating with clients, etc. (sales or whatnot). Even if it isn't a "real" job interview, if the person conducting the interview is eating, she should as well.</p>

<p>I don't agree. If it was a "real" sit-down restaurant where it would look unusual not to order something, perhaps, but not at a Panera or Starbucks or similar place. It could be 3 pm and the interviewer decides to grab a scone with her coffee or something; that doesn't mean the daughter / interviewee needs to eat too.</p>

<p>I agree with Pizza. She'll be more comfortable if she's not navigating food.</p>

<p>
[quote]
If the person conducting the interview is eating, she should as well. The person conducting the interview is checking to see if you talk with your mouth full-silly as it seems, especially if this is a job where you may be eating with clients, etc. (sales or whatnot). Even if it isn't a "real" job interview, if the person conducting the interview is eating, she should as well.

[/quote]

What? Sorry, but that's ridiculous.</p>

<p>It is rediculous.</p>

<p>Panera is not fine dining, it is a fast food place where people go get coffee and snacks sometimes. I am sure the interviewer selected the place because it is convenient, not necessary to have a meal with OP's kid. It is a college interview.</p>