Resume

<p>I'm applying EA to MIT online, and you can't exactly fit all your ecs and awards in the small amount of space they give you. Would it be advisable to send them a separate resume?</p>

<p>The following applies to paper applications... which is why I'm not wild about online aps.</p>

<p>A good trick is to measure the space available in a given block... and then, on a computer, print out a block of text that size (in a small font size) and carefully cut and paste it in place with a glue stick. Such text blurbs used on one application, might be used in another application as well.... many colleges ask similar questions.</p>

<p>If there is one EC that you feel wordy about, I would not hesitate to write in (see attached) and submit a separate paper. Ditto for any line item on your application, but don't let it get out of hand. If an application reader sees 14 attached pages, they might just roll their eyes.</p>

<p>I think they say not to sending a resume in lieu of filling out the EC thing. If you have superb ECs/awards that they must know about, I'd attach it as "something extra" (# 16 or 17 on the app I think). I think the 'Tute limited the award/EC space for a reason, so maybe you should just choose your best?</p>

<p>Emmitt is right on target :)</p>

<p>Well for an online application, where would you attach "something extra" (or am I just stuck with picking my best)?</p>

<p>there is a textbox/attachment for "something extra". Look on one of the last pages of the 2nd part of the online app.</p>