retroactively changing class to pass/no pass

<p>Hi Guys,</p>

<p>So I had some trouble with a writing 2 class i took winter quarter and discovered that I could try and petition it to be changed to pass/no pass. Its been about 5 or so business days and it is still pending. So I have been wondering if when they look at my petition, does the administration go to the professor and talk to her about my performance in the class or is the decision to grant my petition talked about within the administration (aka counselors, and whoever else decides this--not my professor)</p>

<p>I am asking this because i know my professor will object to them granting me the change in grading basis...</p>

<p>Any input would be greatly appreciate!</p>

<p>thanks in adavnce</p>

<p>retroactive petitions are EXTREMELY hard to get approved. Unless you have other significant circumstances other than just a bad grade, yours probably won't be approved, but they probably won't talk to anyone else about the petition except for the people reading it.</p>