English Literature
Calculus
Environmental Science
European History</p>

<p>AP Scholar with Honor</p>

<p>Semi-strong ECs </p>

<p>I have no idea if Arabs are considered URMs (doubtful).</p>

<p>I plan to be a poly-science or history major.</p>

<p>Your grades gpa are good but those SATs aren't something to be proud of. Did you apply ED?</p>

<p>And no, Arabs are not considered URM. And speaking as a middle-easterner, if you're first or second generation then you have no future in political science in this nation.</p>

<p>Heh good point. :)</p>

<p>Nope, I applied ID.</p>

<p>Yeah, man, no offense or anything but it's just that my dad went through the same kinda discrimination, and I will too. He had a Ph.D in computer science from a damn well known school, but do you think they let him in on any gov't Defense contracts? Nope. I can't blame them, but I'm just saying it sucks.</p>

<p>Same thing for politics. You will never be able to climb the ladder as high as a white dude, so know that now if you still want to pursue it. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>If you can get your Math + CR to 1400, i think you have a decent chance.</p>

<p>The SAYS are your weak spot. Especiialy that math score, Rice is best known for their engineering school</p>

<p>Rices average is about 1420</p>

<p>If you get to a 1350, you should be in</p>

<p>FYI, I've taken the most rigorous schedule my school allows (Well, except for the fact I didn't take AP Art, but I'm not too talented in that department.)</p>

<p>I'll probably retake the SAT in January, but it might be too late for Rice (If I'm rejected ID, maybe they'll defer me?).</p>

<p>You're probably in, bring up the SAT to be sure.</p>

<p>Dude I need help on my thread.</p>

<p>You're probably in, bring up the SAT to be sure.</p>

<p>Dude I need help on my thread.</p>

<p>Any recommendations on how to improve my math score? What are the best books?</p>

<p>if i were u i twould no make love to thee SAT I would murder it in its sleep</p>

<p>But it feels so good. :P</p>

<p>Rice: match</p>

<p>Harvard: match ;) nah but you have really good stats so what if your SAT is not super extremely good in truth its your only weakness</p>

<p>yes...you have a good chance at rice..see if you can bring up those scores. if not, its not THAT big a deal...scores aren't everything! good luck
by the way, where are you from? i am absolutely in love with rice as well :)</p>

<p>I'm from Beaumont, Texas, which is about 2 hours away from Houston. </p>

<p>I'll definitely improve my math score. I just need tips on what SAT prep books to study.</p>

<p>Heh...no tips?</p>

<p>Take all the practice test you can. Many are on-line.</p>

<p>Rice: Slight Reach</p>

<p>*Turn that 1970 into a 2050 or above and you are a match</p>

<p>Do you really think that an 80 point improvement would make that much of a difference? As I've only taken the SAT once, I'm sure there is room for improvement.</p>