Rooms at exeter

<p>I'm new at Exeter this year, and I requested a single. Any ideas on how big the rooms are? I was wondering if a futon/extra seating would fit.</p>

<p>Room sizes vary by dorm. My son will have a single this year and we have purchased a futon for extra seating. I would wait and see the size of your room before buying any furniture. There are stores within 30 minutes of Exeter that you and your family can shop at on move in day.</p>

<p>I am familiar with the single rooms in Wentworth. If you find that that is where you are placed once dorm assignments arrive in the mail, I would be able to give you a fairly good idea if what type of furniture would fit. My son has been able to fit in a futon from Target, an office chair, and sometimes an additional comfortable chair that has temporarily found its way in to his room during group study times. He also has had various coffee tables over the years, all of which have been broken because they are, in fact, not also a chair. Yet continue to be aggressively used as one.</p>

<p>Depends on the dorm and the room...the returning students all chose their rooms this past spring, and chances are, yours will be one of the smaller ones in the dorm. As Libby points out, though, there might be room for a futon--best to wait until you get there. My son had a split double last year, which had room for an extra chair; this year he's got a couch, which he bought last spring from a graduating senior. One advantage of waiting is that dorm compatible furniture goes on super-sale at place like Target and J.C. Penney in late September/early October.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>