I’m new to this platform but wanted to give it a shot! Do you think I should apply to RSI given my stats below, or should I spend my time on other applications? (I’ll be a junior next year)
Female from Pennsylvania
Class Rank- 1/290
- Freshman: Stats (5)
- Sophomore: Chem (?), Bio (?), Calc AB (?)
- Junior (v/ tentative): Lang, APUSH, Enviro, Comp Sci Principals, Calc BC
PSAT: 1350 (sophomore year w/ no studying, I’m working on it rn though so fingers crossed for a better score lol)
SAT: still working on it too
Awards/Things I do:
- Science Fair (local, there is no state fair): a bunch of sponsor awards and I got 4th place this year for chem.
- no ISEF sadly, I was really trying hard this year but hopefully next year.
- Also trying to get my project published!
- USNCO Semifinalist
- All-State Orchestra and Youth Symphony
- Science Olympiad: a bunch of regional medals.
- Research internship at CMU.
Okay, that’s basically all. I didn’t really go into detail about my clubs but they’re the typical ones everyone does. Honestly, I don’t know what I’m doing, I really want to go to RSI, but I don’t think I’m good enough. Since I’m from Pennsylvania I could also do PGSS. So do you think I should focus on PGSS or give RSI a shot? Pleaseeeee be realistic, I won’t be offended, I know I’m not as impressive as others.